21. The Spirit and The Boy

He swung his legs from side to side. Sighing, he let his bangs fall into his eyes, as the memories ran through his mind.

Long, blond hair, red eyes..... beautiful, crimson red eyes..... looks like an angel.... and yet she loves me.

He opened his eyes, bracing himself against the next thought.

But she left me.

There is no tears seen on his face and he continued to hum to himself, observing everything from the top of the building. A red umbrella lay beside him.

"Hey, who are you?" He turned towards the voice slowly, his eyes widening. A small albino stood in front of him. He has white, silky hair, and beautiful red eyes. Suddenly he was attacked by the memory of a certain girl.

"Soraru-san, I'm going soon." "No! Why can't you stay with me?" "Gomen ne." She smiled. "My parents want me to marry someone else." "Why?" "I'm sorry." "No!" She glanced at him. "I can't. I'll leave you anyway. Remember, Soraru-san, I'm a human. You aren't." Her sad eyes said it all.

He stared coldly at the albino. "Nobody." The shorter male cocked his head to the side. "Nobody can be nobody, right? You must have either a name, or an origin." "I don't." Soraru stated without even glancing at the boy twice. You should stop thinking of her. He took the umbrella and jumped down from the building.

"Hey!" The albino shouted, running to the edge of the building.
But he saw no one.

° + ° + ° + ° + °

Mafu leaned back, bracing himself with his arms. "What's wrong?" Amatsuki asked. The albino sighed. "I saw a guy today, on the rooftop. He jumped down, but I can't see him when I look down." Itou grimaced. "Maybe it's that spirit." "What?" Mafu asked.
"There is a legend that a spirit resides here. I think..He was here because of a curse or something. Maybe the curse can be broken with I dunno, true love or something. But........There isn't any seeings after a girl named Yukari moved away. But that's like 100 years ago."

Mafu hummed in respond. "Hmm, interesting." Amatsuki looked at him worriedly. "Don't go doing dumb things again, Mafu."

He only flashed them an innocent smile.

· * ·

"Hey, what is your name?" Soraru spared him an irritated glance. "Shut up," was all he said. Mafu inched closer, and reached out to touch the spirit's hand..... and failed. "What are you doing?" Soraru asked angrily. "Get away from me."

Mafu looked at him. "I wanna be with you," he said steadily. Soraru looked at him, a flash of... -anger?- something in his eyes. "You. Can't." He punctuated his words with a harsh sound of the umbrella hitting the ground. "Do not come and find me anymore." He turned away.

Mafu smiled at Soraru's back.

"Not until you tell me your name."

* ~ *

"Hey I'm serious, this is the millionth time I'm asking you this." Soraru sent the albino an annoyed glance. "You're annoying." Mafu smiled. "Mine is Mafumafu." "I don't care." Mafu frowned. "C'mon just tell me...." "Soraru." "What?" Mafu blinked. Soraru just looked at him. "I'm not repeating." The albino beamed. "I love you, Soraru-san!" The spirit recoiled. "I'm leaving." He said, and vanished. "Ah?" Mafu asked.

Soraru sat on the tree, glancing around. "Am I all alone?" He asked himself. No, there is still the albino.....but humans changes their feelings all the time...But maybe I can finally get rid of the curse?.. He sighed. When he closed his eyes, however, it's not Yukari anymore. Instead, it was a familiar, annoying yet cute albino with crimson red eyes. His eyes flew open and he braced himself against the tree branch.
"This is bad."

Meanwhile.....

Mafu collapsed on the couch with a sigh. "Why is he so hard to talk to?" He asked himself. Whenever he closed his eyes, the only thing that comes to mind is the spirit. The cold look in his eyes, the soft curve of his neck, and how his clothes mold themselves to his body.... Mafu shuddered with pleasure. It would be great if he accepts me, huh.. He sighed.

* ~ °

"Hey, Soraru-san~" "Stop bothering me!" Mafu pouted. "I have something to tell you!" "What again?" He asked, irritated. "I'll be..leaving Tokyo." There is no changes to Soraru's facial expression, but something in his eyes flickered. "Just for...3 years! I promise, I'll come back! So don't shut me out, Soraru-san! Please remember...I loved you, I really do!" Mafu shouted. The spirit stared at him blankly. "I've never let you in anyway." He left, leaving the albino alone on the rooftop.

***3 Years Later***

"TOKYO! I'M FINALLY BACK!!!" A crimson red eyed male shouted as soon as he came out of the airport. "Geez, you're annoying," Amatsuki grumbled, pulling his suitcase. "I'm just sooooo excited!" Mafu grinned at the brunette, to receive only a grunt.

When he went back to his apartment, the first thing he saw was.... "Soraru-san?" A raven-haired male sat on his couch, a blank face, using his phone. But he can't hold things..... A red umbrella lay next to him. He was wearing a jacket and t-shirt.... Ohmygod that look so hot on him.....!!! Wait..He is wearing NORMAL CLOTHES??? Eehhhhhhhhhh??!

Mafu gasped at the guy before he looked up. "Your place is so messy, I gotta clean it up for days." "Huh?" The male clicked his tongue, annoyed. "Hello, I'm your new roommate. My name is Soraru." "...like the sky," Mafu said distractedly. "Hmm." After an awkward silence, Soraru flashed a grin at him. "I thought you wouldn't come back to Tokyo, Mafumafu." "It is you??!" "Hmm. What did you say that time? Before you leave?" "I love you?"

Soraru smiled.

"My answer is....I love you too."

A/N : This story sucks like shit, okay, I get it. But I still hope you guys like it! I got the idea halfway then I fell asleep and forgotten all about the plot so I came up with something last minute. Hope you guys enjoy? The next one might be based on their songs in Kuro Crest Story.

----nomuraaru