43. How We Fit Together

I opened my eyes, but made no move to stand up or anything. I'm so tired. I glanced at the spot next to me, like always, but I only saw the crisp white sheets. He never comes to visit me..  With a low groan, I sat up, and went to get dressed.

         My phone is ringing. Should I answer it? I glanced at the caller to see whether it's him or not, but let out a sigh when I see that it's not. Amatsuki. I let the call go to voicemail, and then pick it up. "Mafu-kun, wanna go out today?" I frowned. I don't wanna. Waiting for him to come back. After a few minutes, a reply came.
"Mafu-kun, did you forget? He is gone."

          I threw the phone on the bed. He is lying. I took a picture that I had placed face down and flipped it, smiling slightly. The male standing next to me have such blue eyes, and such a pretty smile. He is the love of my life.

He still is.

         The next day, I got ready to go out. Maybe I can find him in his usual spot at the nearby cafe? I smiled broadly and made my way to his favourite cafe. I ordered a latte, before placing it on the table in front of me, glancing at the time.

10:57 a.m.

        And so I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

        He never came. I glanced at the time again; 5.30 p.m. and slumped. He didn't come again. I made my way home slowly.

I repeated the cycle.

Every day.

But he never came.

       Maybe he found another person, moved on, I thought, desperate to find another reason. I just don't want to accept the truth.

        I begun to look haggard and hopeless. I'll look out everyday, wondering how is he doing. I missed him so terribly. I want him to hug me, tell me that it's all alright.

But it's not.

Not when he is gone.

        "He is just gone for a few months." "Maybe he found a new lover?" "Ah, he got to transfer!"

      They are all lies. Lies I made up to feel better. To not accept the truth.

That Soraru-san is dead.

A/N : I have very little angst so I decided to wrote more. The description in this story is, how Soraru is dead and how Mafu goes into denial. I hope you enjoy. Bye.

--nomuraaru