Chapter One

"What the hell just happened?" William asked then his eyes shifted to Luke. "And who are you, young lad?"

"I'm Luke Hopkins. Actually, it should be Luke Williams but mom said that I'm supposed to use her maiden name since her and dad are not together." Luke replied.

"What's happening?" Zach asked, half-asleep. Jayden and Julian came out too.

"I'll just explain everything tomorrow, okay? We have to get up early and we don't want to be late for that, do we?" Trent said and they all mumbled 'yeah's.

"I'll just sleep on the couch, Trent." Luke said.

"No. You're going to sleep in my room. And please, just call me uncle." Trent said.

"First, I wouldn't call you uncle because we're not really related to each other. Second, fine. I'm sleeping in your room but if you ever tried to stab me with a green meteor rock, I swear I'm gonna haunt you when I'm dead." He threatened him.

"Meteor rock?"

Luke's eyes widened when he suddenly remembered that no one was supposed to know what he really is and his powers and his weakness. "Nothing." He said. "Goodnight." Then they went into his room and dozed off.

**

Trent, William, Jayden, Julian and Zach all woke up to the delicious smell of bacon and pancakes and the clattering sound of the plates and cutleries at the dining room. They went out of their rooms and saw Luke preparing the table.

Julian put his hand onto his shoulder and Luke was alarmed by that and got a grip of his wrist. "Don't you ever dare try to hurt me. I am not what you think am I." He hissed at him. Meanwhile, Julian was wincing in pain, "W-Wait... Dude... I wasn't trying to hurt you!" He said.

"Luke! Luke! Stop!" Trent said and Luke let go of Julian's wrist. "Julian's a friend. Don't worry; he'll never hurt you."

"Jesus! Are your hands made of metal? You almost crushed my wristbone!" Julian said, backing away from Luke. Luke's face suddenly softened, "I'm sorry. It's just that I've been having some trust issues with the people that I encounter in my daily life." He said.

"I was just trying to thank you for doing the brekky for us, you know..." Julian said.

"I'm so sorry Julian." Luke apologized.

He sighed, "It's alright. I understand. Even I would do the same." He replied with a smile as he patted his head.

They sat down at the dining table and started to dig in. "Luke, wanna come with us?" Jayden asked Luke. "We have a rehearsal and I thought that you might like our music."

"I haven't really listened to your any of your songs yet so I'm not sure whether I would like your music or not." Luke said.

"That's why we wanted you to come." William said. "But if you don't want... It's fine with us. We respect your decision however, you do not want to be bored, do you?"

Luke thought about it for a second and then he said, "Alright. I'll come with you guys."

"By the way... How did you get here?" Zach asked.

"Uh... My mom." Luke started off.

"I'm best friends with his mom and things between his mom and his dad were a little bit shaky right now so Celine left him here." Trent answered for Luke.

After they ate their breakfast, they already went to the studio.

You make me wanna stand out tonight

Turn off the lights

Give up the fight

I surrender

You got me good

I knew that you would

Did the best that I could

But girl you move like a butterfly, butterfly

Then you sting like a bee

I tried to be bulletproof

You got to me

Gonna stand out tonight

Turn off the lights

Give up the fight

I surrender.....

Their first single called 'Surrender' blasted through the studio and Luke couldn't help but to be amazed. "Are those your voices?" Luke asked them and they all nodded at him while smiling proudly. "Wow..."

"Do you like it?" Trent asked and Luke nodded while beaming. "Well, that's just our first single. And here is our second one." Then he clicked on one of the buttons from the soundboard and played 'Another Life'.

"You guys are great!" Luke praised them.

"Alright boys, are we ready?" Drew, their music arranger asked them as soon as he went into the studio. He has brown eyes, black hair and tanned skin. Same height as William. He's wearing a black shirt and brown khaki pants, a pair of black vans shoes and around his neck was a simple necklace with a green stone as its pendant. As soon as he went in, Luke suddenly felt weak and when he looked at the guy's necklace, the green stone was gleaming.

"You look sick." Drew said. "Are you okay?" Luke managed to nod and put on a fake smile.

"Luke, this is Drew, our music arranger. Drew, this is Luke, my nephew." Trent introduced.

"Nice to meet you Luke." Drew told Luke.

"I can say the same for me as well... I guess." Luke said weakly. "Uh... I need to take a fresh breath of air outside. I feel a little bit sick." Then he tried to walk out of the studio but then he just felt even more weak just with the presence of the green stone.

"Luke, do you want me to take you home?" Trent said and when he turned around, he fainted. "LUKE!!!" Trent, Zach, William, Jayden and Julian yelled. Trent and Drew knelt beside him and lifted his head a little bit and they were all shocked when they saw him turn pale, his nerves appearing through his skin.

"What the hell is happening?!" Jayden asked worriedly.

"Why is his skin turning like that?!" Zach said.

Trent turned to Drew and his attention was caught by the gleaming green stone. "Drew, take your necklace off!" He ordered him.

"Huh?! What?" Drew said.

"Take your necklace off!"

And so Drew did it. He removed the necklace and stepped back from Luke. Just then, Luke's skin colour was back to normal and the veins that popped out on his whole body before were now all gone. "Trent, what's with him?" Drew asked him.

"I... I think he's allergic to gems, stones and all sorts of stuff." Trent lied but he knew that there was a much deeper reason why did that happen to Luke.