Chapter Thirty-One

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Luke tried breaking his handcuff by smashing it onto the cage's bars but it did nothing and every time he tried to use his super strength, the handcuff would glow bright green and make him go weak.

Ara, Emmarie, Katelyn and Rebecca were still planning.

"Think of anything yet?" Emmarie asked.

Katelyn just shook her head wearily.

"I know! Luke! Luke will be the one to help us! Luke can help us! He's got superpowers." Rebecca said.

"Yeah but look at him. His hands are cuffed and he's in a cage with glowing bright green bars. We all saw what happened to him. When those bars went green, he went all weak." Ara said.

"But the bars are inactive." Katelyn suddenly joined in and they all looked at her. "The bars only go active when the bar from the machine is on top but right now, it's at the bottom. That means, he can use his super powers."

"How? He can't even break that handcuff on him." Emmarie said as she pointed to Luke who is still trying to break the handcuff.

"I'm sure he's got more powers than super strength." Katelyn said.

"Like what?" She asked.

"Eye lasers." Ara and Rebecca both said.

Katelyn thumped the glass and Luke looked at her direction. "Hey Luke! We have already figured out how we're gonna get out of here." Katelyn said.

"Really? How?" Luke asked in return.

**

The Collective were lead into an office and were surprised to see Mr. Caldwell, Luke's principal in it.

"Mr. Caldwell?" Trent said.

"Mr. Bell. I knew you would come." Mr. Caldwell said calmly.

Trent walked hastily up to his table and grabbed him by the collar, "WHERE IS LUKE?! WHERE IS MY NEPHEW?! And my friends? Where are they?!" he asked angrily. Mr. Caldwell just smiled.

"Don't you fuckin' answer me with a smile or you'll borrow a face from a dog's gum." Trent hissed.

"Mr. Bell, if I were you, I won't say those words because it would make a bad reputation for my band." Mr. Caldwell said.

Zach patted Trent's shoulder, signalling him to stop yelling at the old man and let him go. Trent let him go, still not taking his eyes off of him.

"Where are they?" Trent asked again.

"Mr. Bell, I called you here because of your so-called nephew, Luke." Mr. Caldwell said. "You see, Luke has this abilities that a normal human doesn't have and the board and I considered it as dangerous. He doesn't know how to control it yet."

"Yes he does." Julian said. "He always knows how to control them."

Mr. Caldwell turned to Julian, "Mr. De Vizio, if you cannot even control yourself from sucking people's blood when you were infected, how can even Luke control his powers?" He said.

"Irrelevant. Julian's case is different from Luke's case." Zach said.

"What the hell do you really want from us?" Trent asked.

"Leave Luke here and I'll set your other friends free." Mr. Caldwell said.

Their jaws dropped instantly and then the boys looked at each other, knowing that they have to think about it carefully.

**

"Use your eye lasers." Rebecca said.

"I can't. I can only use them when I'm upset or angry or something like that." Luke said.