Chapter Thirty-Two

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

The Collective, together with Rebecca and Emmarie were waiting outside the emergency room when the doctor finally got out.

"Doctor, how are they?" William asked with Jayden by his side, listening intently.

"The girls are already okay. They can be released as soon as they regained their strength." The doctor told them then left. They went into the girls' room and Katelyn was already sitting up from her bed. Meanwhile, Ara is still lying on her bed, sleeping peacefully.

"Hey babe. How are you feeling right now?" William asked her as he kissed her forehead.

"Much better now that you're here." Katelyn said.

Jayden looked at Ara and held her hand then stroked her hair gently. All he wanted at that moment is for her to wake up and hear her voice, saying that she loves him.

"Rebecca and I are gonna go for a walk outside." Trent said and then he took Rebecca's hand and they left the room.

They walked at the corridor of the hospital while holding each other's hand. "Rebecca, aren't you getting tired of all of these? I mean, all of these kidnappings, meteor freaks and stuff." Trent asked her.

"To be honest, yeah. Kind of." Rebecca replied. "But I know that all of these will be over. One day, we'd look back and laugh at these."

He smiled at her charmingly, "How do you keep that positive attitude of yours?" he asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because you give me strength." She replied.

They smiled at each other.

**

"I have a surprise for you." William whispered to Katelyn.

"What is it?" Katelyn asked.

Then William showed her a big white teddy bear. "Oh! That's so cute Will!" She said in delight, her face brightening up. "Thank you!" Then she hugged him.

"I wonder when is she gonna wake up." Luke said as he looked at Ara, who is still unconscious. "We just have to believe in her." Jayden said quietly while holding Ara's left hand.

"This is all my fault." Luke sulked. "If it weren't for these goddamned super powers then all of these won't happen!" Then he punched the wall and that resulted to form some cracks on the surface.

"It's not your fault Luke." Zach said as he put his hand on his shoulder. "And don't you ever blame yourself. Trent wouldn't be happy if you blame yourself. It's not your fault if you were born as a Plutonian."

Luke felt as if it's still his fault despite of what Zach just said. Later on, The Collective went home already together with Luke. Emmarie and Rebecca were left at the hospital to guard Ara and Katelyn for the night.

"We all need to talk." Jayden said. "The five of us."

Trent turned to Luke, "Luke, go upstairs and get changed. Your uncles and I have something to talk about." He said. Luke nodded like a little obedient kid and went upstairs, while his school bag was slung over his shoulders. (Paolo had them on his care by the time he was kidnapped and then he gave it to Trent.)

Trent, Jayden, William, Julian, and Zach all sat down on the couch.

"What is it Jayden?" Trent asked.

"Don't get mad or me or anything Trent but I think you need to send him into some kind of instituition." Jayden said.

**

Luke got changed into his pyjamas and then he lied down on his bed, wishing that things weren't as complicated as it is right now. He misses his mother so much right now.