Chapter Thirty-Four

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"Where have you been?" Trent asked. Luke just shook his head, "I... don't remember." He mumbled as he bowed his head down.

"Don't you know how worried are we about you?" Trent added.

"Yeah. You had your Uncle Trent worrying about you last night and us also." Jayden said.

Luke smirked, "Jayden, you don't have to pretend that you were worrying about me too." He said. "I knew you want me out of this house. And even you, Uncle Will."

"Luke, I am just worried about you." William said.

"Ha! You? Worried about me? Sorry but you know what? Fuck you!" He said as tears flow out of his eyes and then he ran upstairs and into Trent's room.

"Luke!" Zach called after him.

"I'll talk to him." Trent said and then he went upstairs and into his room and found Luke on the bed, crying. He went onto his side, "They are really worried about you, you know." He said.

"Trent, don't lie to me. I heard your whole conversation with them." Luke sobbed. "They don't want me here! They hate me!"

"Shush now... Shush... Of course they want you here." Trent said. "They love you like I do." He stroke his hair, "We love you very much, Luke. We do."

Luke sat up on his bed and then he hugged Trent. "Uncle Jayden was just a little bit upset that's why he said that. Auntie Ara is still in comatose." Trent said. "And Uncle Will... He just agreed because he wants to help you. He knows how much you wanted to be a normal kid and he thought that BellReef is the only answer."

Luke stared at Trent, "Now, will you forgive them?" Trent asked him. He nodded, "Alright. And besides, my mum taught me not to hate on people because it just makes our life go down on the lowest low."

Trent smiled at him, "That's my boy! Come here and give me a hug!" He said and then they hugged each other. "Now, rest up okay? I'll let you have the day off from school."

"Really?"

"Yeah. And then we'll let you come with us to the studio today."

**

"The kid hates us." Jayden said.

"Of course he would. After all those things that you said last night." Julian said with a 'DUH' tone in his voice.

Jayden and William both sighed wearily. Suddenly, Julian's phone rang. He answered it, "Yes? Jules, speaking." There was a moment of silence and then a wide smile spread across his face. "Alright. Alright. I'll tell him. Bye Emmarie. Love ya." And then he hung up.

"What is it?" Zach asked.

"Guys, Emmarie just called and she told me that Ara's already awake." Julian said and then they all turned to Jayden who immediately stood up from the couch.Trent went downstairs.

"Where's Luke?" Jayden asked warily.

"He's in my room. Sleeping. I'll let him have the day off today." He replied timidly and then he sensed that something was up.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Ara's awake." Zach declared.

**

"What's wrong?" Zach asked when he noticed that Trent was looking at a distance.

"Nothing." He replied.

He chuckled, "Whatever. Come on! It's just the two of us." He said. William, Jayden, and Julian all went to the hospital to see the girls.

Trent sighed and then he told him what happened. When he was finished, "Trent, somehow, Rebecca was just trying to help." Zach asked. "Look, I'm not going on anyone's side but Trent, I know she just wants to help. I think you and her should talk."