Chapter Eighteen

William continued to drive, trying not to run over the people running in fright. There were also tremors here and there due to the meteor rocks falling down on the ground.

"Can't you drive faster?! Our lives are all at stake right here, you know!" Jayden said.

"I know but I just can't!" William said. "We can't speed off right away especially with these people running here and there, top it up with the fact that there are also tremors because of the stupid meteor rocks falling down."

Just then, another meteor rock fell down from the sky and it hit the concrete road a few feet away from their car. William stepped on the brakes but it did no good as for their car spun around the road and that made them scream on top of their lungs.

Their car continued to spin and as it slowed down and came onto a stop, they let out a sigh.

"That... was..." Julian trailed off.

"Close." Jayden said, finishing it off for him.

And then, a few seconds later, they heard a rumbling sound at behind them and William looked from his rearview mirror, "Fuck! Guys, get out now!" He shouted.

"What? Why?" Luke asked.

"The building! The building's gonna collapse!" Trent said then he turned to the rest of them, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"

"But Uncle Trent!" Luke protested.

"Just GO!" He yelled and Luke, together with William, Julian, Jayden and Zach went out of the car and immediately ran off to god knows where while Trent ducked below the seat, making Rebecca lay on her back on the car's floor while he, on top of her.

The building collapsed and it squashed the car, like a filling in a sandwich. "Uncle Trent!!!" Luke said.

"Luke, let's go!" Zach said as he tried to pull him away.

Meanwhile, Trent could feel the rubble on his back becoming heavier by any second.

"My leg hurts... Ow... I think I injured myself." Rebecca thought to herself. "I can't move my right leg."

But then, even though she's already injured, she can't help but to still feel conscious about Trent being on top of her, knowing the fact that he's just trying to prevent the rubble from squashing them alive by blocking it with his broad back.

"Trent, s-stop... You're hurting yourself." Rebecca said.

"I can't. We'll both die if I stop blocking it with my back." Trent replied and she could see the pain and difficulty in his eyes.

"You could've just left me here." She stated.

"And what? Let you die? No way Rebecca." He said firmly while looking into her eyes and he felt his heart racing at that moment.

"I... I've already lose a girl in my life just a few minutes ago." He continued. "And I don't want you to be the next." Just then, the rubble got heavier and he winced in pain and difficulty as he started to press his body lower to hers, making Rebecca even more conscious.

"Trent, just stop and let the rubble squash us both off. We'll never ever survive." Rebecca said firmly but he didn't listen, instead, he still blocked the rubble with his back, making it more difficult for him.