Chapter Twenty-One

It was already two thirty in the morning when The Collective already finished their meet and greet with their fans. (A/N: The meteor shower started at about 11 p.m. and so the people have to evacuate their homes to go somewhere else safe-- Evacuation centre--- Many things happened so the people lost track of the time.)

"I'm so tired..." Zach said as he leaned back on his chair. Trent, William, and Jayden took one last swig of their water then stood up while Julian was talking to Emmarie while she was trying to pack away the equipment.

"You know, when this is all over, we could go somewhere nice... Just the two of us." Julian said. "So... What do you say? Are you up for it?"

"Jules, I can't answer that now. I'm busy." Emmarie responded.

"So when can I have your answer then?"

"Never in a million years."

"Come on Emmarie! Be serious!"

"I am serious about it Julian.

"Emmarie--!"

"Look, you may be in a new famous boyband but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna go out with you already." Then she carried the mic stands away. "Excuse me." Then Julian moved out of the way so she can put the mic stands away.

Meanwhile, Trent noticed that Rebecca's eyes were filling up with tears as she looked to the minimizing crowd.

"What's wrong?" he asked her softly.

"Trent, I didn't find my sister." Rebecca replied then she burst out crying as he sighed sorrowfully and engulfed her into a big comforting hug. "We got separated along the chaos and I just felt bad leaving her there because she wants me to save myself..."

Then she looked up at him, "Could it be that she's dead?..." she said then she burst out again into tears again and he pulled her in for a hug again.

"Hush now Rebecca... We'll find her, don't worry." Trent assured her then she wrapped her arms around his broad torso and poured her heart out.

Meanwhile, William already walked ahead of them to go and find Katelyn. "Hey Will, where are you going?" Jayden asked.

"Uh... Just going for a walk." He said.

"Oh. Can I come with you?" he asked.

"NO!" William replied frantically, almost shouting at Jayden.

"Okay! Don't need to shout, mate!" Jayden said as he raised his two hands up in the air. Then William immediately went outside and looked for Katelyn but she was nowhere to be found.

He was about to give up when she saw her sitting on a stone bench, looking back up into the sky. He carefully sat beside her. "Ah... Thinking deeply, huh?" He said and she looked down at him and smiled.

"I just can't sleep. That's all." Katelyn said as she tucked a few strands of her hair behind her right ear.  "Why?" he asked.

"This whole meteor shower thing is just too much..." She said, cracking her voice as a tear from her left eye came out. "I lost my parents because of the same tragedy and now..."

"Now what?"

"Now my sister... She's... She's dead."

Then she burst out crying that she covered her face with her hands and William shifted himself closer to her and put his arms around her. "I'm so sorry Katelyn." He said then he removed her hands on her face and lifted her chin up to have their gazes met with each other. "Look, Katelyn... I know we just met and we don't know each other that much yet but always remember that I'm always here for you, okay?"

"Will..." Katelyn mumbled.

"Now, stop crying. A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be crying." He said. "I'll be your best friend, brother, father and most of all, I wanted to be your... LOVER."

Then she locked his gaze on him as if she was surprised to hear what he just said.

He held her hand tight, "Katelyn, I've loved you ever since I met you back there in the gymnasium and... I just know that you're meant for me." He said while looking deeply into her eyes. "I love you Katelyn Jones. I'll be there for you all the time... I'll make you the happiest girl in the world."

"Will, I don't understand. Why me when you could've gone for other girls out there?"

"Because for me, you're the definition of PERFECTION."  Then he leaned in and slowly brushed his lips against hers.

**

"Here... Have a drink." Trent said as he handed her a bottle of water and she gratefully took it. Rebecca opened the bottle of water and took a few sips before calming down.

He sat down beside her and held her right hand gently. "Trent, what if Louise is dead?" she asked. "She's the only family that I've got..."

"Shush." He said as he put his two fingers on her lips. "She won't be dead. SHE'S NOT DEAD. And we'll find her soon, okay?" Then she nodded.

"Um... Rebecca?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you be my girlfriend?"

**

Emmarie sighed as she sat down on one of the bleachers after packing the equipment away. Sure, there were people who helped her but she was the one who exerted a full effort into it.

"Emmarie, are you heading back to the quarters?" Tahlia, her medical buddy asked.

"In a while. I'll just relax then I'll head back there." Emmarie said then Tahlia waved and left. Just then, she saw another figure on her right side and found Julian sitting on the other end of the same bleacher that she was on and he was staring straight back at her.

She stood up and then sat down closer to him. "I'm sorry Julian. I didn't mean to snap at you a while ago." She apologized. "I would understand if you would hate me now because of what I did."

"It's alright but would you care to tell me why you got mad when I asked you out?" Julian asked her and she fell silent.

"I-It doesn't really matter right now."

"It does to ME. Tell me, why?"

Then she inhaled and exhaled deeply then she looked into his bright blue eyes and said, "I lost the man that I love because the meteor shower." And he looked at her, part of him feeling shocked and part of him feeling sorry for her. She let out a sigh and tears came out of her eyes.

"I'm afraid to love again, Julian." She continued. "Because I'm afraid to lose someone again."

"You won't lose me. I'll be always here for you."

She smiled through her tears then she hugged him and he did the same to her as well.

"I love you Emmarie." Julian said.

"I love you too, Julian." Emmarie responded.