Chapter Sixteen

Luke stared out of the window that night wondering about his mother. He misses her so much and sometimes, he wishes that he hadn't been a Plutonian so that they don't have to run away and hide from anyone.

"Luke?"

He turned around and saw Julian behind him. "Why are you still awake? You still have school tomorrow." He said.

"I just can't sleep, Uncle Jules." Luke replied.

"Are you thinking of your mom?" Julian asked and he nodded.

"I wish I wasn't a Plutonian... I wish I was just a normal kid so that we don't have to run away and hide from anyone." He said and Julian patted his back.

"You know Luke... Sometimes, there are things that are really meant to happen to us. It can be good or bad. Can be nice or not. But that's just our life is meant to go and we just have to go with it." Julian said.

**

"You know Chantelle, I've never been this happy before." Trent said while holding Chantelle close to him while they were lying on the blanket and watched the sea of stars twinkle above them.

"Why? Aren't you happy that you finally achieved your dream?" Chantelle asked him.

"I am. Don't get me wrong but I still feel as if there's something missing. I feel as if there's a part of me that's incomplete." He replied then he looked back down on her. "And you were that missing piece." They smiled at each other. "By the way, you agreed that you would sing for me." Chantelle suddenly said. "Sing for me... Please?"

He just smiled then without taking his eyes off her, he started to sing a certain song:

It took one look
And forever laid out in front of me
One smile then I died
Only to be revived by you

There I was
Thought I had everything figured out
Goes to show just how much I know
'Bout the way life plays out

I take one step away
But I find myself coming back to you
My one and only, one and only you, ooh

Now I know
That I know not a thing at all
Except the fact that I am yours
And that you are mine

Ooh
They told me that this wouldn't be easy
And no
I'm not one to complain
I take one step away
But I find myself coming back to you
My one and only, one and only you

I take one step away
But I find myself coming back to you
My one and only, one and only you         

"Only you Chantelle... Only you." Trent said.

**

Julian went out of Luke's room and saw William watching the late night news with his dad, and Jayden. "Where's Luke?" William asked.

"Oh, he's in his room now. Sleeping." Julian replied.

Just then, their attention was caught by the breaking news on the television.

"Breaking news! NASA just delivered an important news to us. THERE WILL BE A METEOR SHOWER IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS!!! We advise our fellowmen to pack all their belongings, bring what they need to bring and EVACUATE THEIR HOUSES NOW!"

"Okay lads, go pack your stuff. Will, go and wake up the others." William's dad said and they all followed his orders. "Julian, can you please call Trent? We need to leave as soon as possible!" William said and he ran off upstairs to wake up his mom, his sister and Luke.

"What's happening Uncle Will?" Luke asked, while rubbing his eyes.

"Two words: METEOR SHOWER." William replied.

**

"Wait... What are those?" Chantelle asked as she pointed up towards the sky and they both saw meteors falling down to the other side of the town continuously.

"Shit." Trent cussed then he turned to her. "WE NEED TO LEAVE. NOW!" Then he pulled her away and they both hopped into his car and drove off. "It's a meteor shower. We need to evacuate as soon as possible." And just then, a meteor fell just a few metres away from them. "Chantelle, get out of the car!"

Chantelle got out quickly but cautiously of the car and so did Trent and then he held her hand. Together, they ran as fast as they could, pushing and shoving past the other people and cars passing by the road. Smoke, stress, fire and fear filled the air.

"Trent, I'm scared!" Chantelle cried in fear. He turned to her, "You don't have to be scared, okay? I am here! I'm here to protect you!" He said. "So no matter what happens, I need you to have faith in me... On us!" She nodded and then he kissed her forehead and they continued to run again when suddenly, she tripped over.

"Chantelle!!!"

"Trent, I can't stand up!"

"Chantelle, come on you can do it!"

"TRENT, LEAVE ME NOW!"

"BUT---!"

"JUST LEAVE!!!"

He started to walk away slowly without taking his eyes off her and he saw fear in her eyes and just in an instant he saw her life flashed before his eyes... Quickly taken away as the massive meteor hit her, the flames consuming her body.

"CHANTELLE!!!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I am very sorry for not updating so long. I got grounded for getting a 76.6% in Maths and my phone and my laptop was taken away from me. I just managed to upload this chapter here at school through the school's computer so please bear with me guys.

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW

~TCforever22~