Chapter Thirty-Seven

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

They went home, not even bothering to bring the topic up. Trent had put Luke to sleep and now, he was the one who couldn't sleep at all because he's scared for Luke's safety. He is more vulnerable now and this would be easy for the Plutonians to kill him.

A tear dropped from his left eye as he watched Luke sleep peacefully beside him. He wished that it's not like this. Too complicated. He wished that his nephew didn't have to go through all of these horrendous things.

**

She ran and ran until the surroundings around her became unfamiliar. She was gasping for breath and she needed to stop and take a rest but she knew that she couldn't because her life is at risk and she needs to go back to her friend where she left her son.

"Celine!!!" Troy shouted.

"Leave me alone Troy!!! Can't you see?! Your son is not with me anymore!" Celine said.

He ran to her in a quick flash and then got hold of her wrists, "WHERE DID YOU TAKE OUR SON?!" he asked angrily.

Just then, Celine spit at him. "You will never find out where he is!" She said. His jaw tensed and in so much anger, he threw her onto the ground. Celine cried out in pain.

"Are you going to tell me or what?!" He asked as he pulled her hair hard.

"You can kill me but I swear, I won't tell you where he is." She said while smirking at him. Troy slapped her and that made her mouth bleed even more and then he dragged her back to their palace by her hair.

"TROY!!! PLEASE! LET ME GO!!! TROY!!!" Celine said.

**

"Have fun at school Luke." Trent said. Luke laughed, "It's school Trent. Not your concert." He said and then went inside and saw his bestfriend Paolo, being harassed by Jarrod and Kyle. That was no surprise to him because they always do that but what took his attention was when he saw Alexander.

"He's back." Luke muttered.

"…Listen you dork! I don't give a damn about your project. Now, if your project got thrown in the bin then it's probably because it's not worth it!" Alexander said as he pushed Paolo onto the door of his locker, his head hitting it first.

"HEY! STOP THAT!" Luke shouted as he dropped his bag and then he rushed towards Paolo. "Paolo, are you okay?"

Paolo didn't answer and just rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Luke Hopkins." Alexander said. Luke felt a sudden surge of anger and annoyance in him but this time, it's different. He knew that he can already release it in any way he wanted to and that's in the punch that he's about to give him now.

He stood up and walked to him, pushing him a couple of times, "What the fuck do you want with us?! Huh?! What the fuck is your problem?!" He said angrily.

And then in an instant, Alexander pinned him on the locker's door. "You are my fuckin' problem! You're a faggot! A weirdo! And you don't belong in here!" He said and Luke stabbed him with a death glare and waited for his eyes to sting but it didn't and it hit him that he lost his powers already.

"Now what? You're gonna look at me like that like there would be some kind of a laser that would come out of your stupid eyes!?" Alexander spat at him.

Luke just smirked, "Ha! I wish so I could burn you and your two other eggheads in hell." He said and then he pushed him to the floor. Jarrod and Kyle helped Alexander to stand up while Luke got his bag and slung it over his shoulders.

He was about to walk away with Paolo when he turned around, "By the way Alexander, you should be careful with your actions these days because with how you've been acting now, I'm pretty sure that you're more likely to end up in a hospital again... Or worse, in a morgue." He said and then walked away with Paolo.

There were a few stares here and there but Luke ignored them and went to his class with his friend. "Wow dude... You're so cool back there!" Paolo said. "You're like Clark Kent!"

"I am the modern-day Clark Kent." Luke said.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Anyway, thanks for saving me Luke. You always do that for me. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you some time."

"Paolo, no need. You're my bestfriend and I would always save you, no matter what."

"Thanks bro."

"No problem."

**

"Okay class, run this whole oval five times." Their sports teacher named Mr. Kevin, ordered. And then he blew his whistle off and Luke and the other boys started running.

On the first lap, Luke started sweating and puffing. Normally, he would just do the first lap with such ease but now, being powerless and being a normal human, he's starting to experience what other human beings do. He was powerless and he knew that but he's happy with that.

No more hiding. He thought to himself while running. No more secrets.

Meanwhile, from a distance, Lana watched Luke as the rock continued to have its effects on him. She smirked at the thought that their plan is already working and she will regain her memories in no time. She took a few steps backwards and then vanished in a blue light instantly.

**

"That movie wasn't so bad after all." Rebecca said when they got out of the theatre while her hand was intertwined with Trent's.

"Told you." Trent said with a smile.

"So where are we going next?"

"Wanna grab a bite? I'm starving."

"Sure. Me too."

They went to French Baker and ate there. When they were finished, they just chatted about their lives and about their future together.

"I want many kids." Trent said.

"Why? One is enough." Rebecca said.

"The more, the merrier. And besides, I want my kids to experience having many siblings. I mean, I didn't get to experience that. I only got Jono and it's just always the two of us."

"You sound like you're bored of him."

"No. No. It's not like that. I mean, our family is only small and... okay, it's kinda boring. No other playmates."

"You're mean."

"But I love my brother, Jono. I just wish I have more siblings."

Just then, Rebecca's attention drifted off to the girl walking outside the shop. She has a shoulder-length curly hair and was wearing a black fitted dress while carrying a red cloth.

"Rebecca, are you alright?" Trent asked.

Her heart dropped for a moment and tears filled her eyes as for she recognised who the girl was.

"Louise..." She said softly. "It's Louise."

"Who's Louise?" He asked.

"My sister." She said and then stood up from her seat and quickly walked out of the shop and followed her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHOUTOUT FOR MY OTHER FANFICTION CALLED "LIVING WITH JULIAN DE VIZIO". PLEASE CHECK THAT OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T. I NEED MORE VOTES AND COMMENTS ON THAT ONE.

THANK YOU!

~TCforever22~