Chapter Thirty-Three

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Trent drove away from their house even though he doesn't know where he would find Luke. Tears started to flow out from his brown eyes.

Luke was the one who made him feel like he's close to home and without him, he would feel like a complete fail. A total fail. His phone rang but he didn't answer it. He's not in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

He stopped his car nearby the park and cried his heart out. He couldn't lose his nephew. His nephew that he treated like his very own son. His phone rang again and when he looked at it, he saw that it was Rebecca.

He answered it. "What?" He asked.

"Trent, I heard about what happened. The guys told me. I'm very sorry." Rebecca said on the other line.

"It's not your fault Rebecca." He said as he rubbed his eyes then ran his fingers through his hair.

"Well, that's one of the reasons too why I called you." She started off, sounding very uncertain on the other line. Trent didn't speak meaning he was waiting for her to continue. "Trent, I've offended Luke when we were back there in BellReef..."

"What did you just say?" Trent asked with a little bit of hysteria rising from his voice.

"Trent, the girls and I have to do it to make his powers come out so that he can save all of us."

"You girls bullied my nephew!?" He said in shock. He couldn't believe it. The girl that he loves was the one who would hurt the feelings of his nephew and she even teamed up with the other girls as well.

"Trent, I'm sorry... We're very sorry for it. Believe me, I didn't mean to hurt him."

"Didn't mean to!? But you and the other girls were the ones who started it on purpose!!! And now, you're gonna tell me that you didn't mean to hurt him!?"

"Trent..."

He sighed heavily and hung up the phone. This is all too much. He thought to himself as he bowed his head down and leaned over the steering wheel. "Luke, where are you?" He muttered.

After crying for thirty minutes, he started to drive again. He went to all of the places where Luke could've gone but there was no sign of him. He went back home wearily.

"Did you find him?" Jayden asked Trent and Trent gave him a death stare and then he grabbed him by the collar. "This is your fault! This is all your fault, you faggot!" Trent shouted as he punched Jayden repetitively on the face mercilessly. The other guys went to stop them.

"Trent! Stop it!" William said as he pulled Trent away from poor Jayden. Trent then punched William right on his cheek. William then tried to get back at him but he was stopped by Zach.

"And you!!! You even agreed to the cruel suggestion of this dickhead!" Trent told William as he pointed to Jayden. "How could you Will?! How could you?! I thought you care about Luke?!"

"I DO CARE ABOUT LUKE! WE ALL DO! That is why I agreed to Jayden's suggestion! I know! I know it's cruel but it has to be that way! Trent, things aren't always good no matter how you wanted it so badly to be. It's what you call 'reality'!" William said. "And it's not just about the girls lives here being in danger. I know Katelyn has been in danger twice and I know that she hates being involved in all of these and believe me, I do too. In fact, I'm scared for her. I'm scared to wake up that one day, she's gone from my side all just because of these stupid meteor freak stuff but I always think first about of Luke's condition because I care for him!"

"I wanna help Luke! I want him to live a normal life!" He added.

"But how can he live a normal life if you guys aren't letting him experience it?!" Trent defensed. "You guys treat him like he's got some cooties or something."

"You know that's not true!" He said.

"It's true! I see the way you guys look at him ever since you found out that he's got abilities that a normal human doesn't have." Trent said. "You look at him like he's some kind of a killer!"

"Why?! Isn't he? Trent, he's a part-Plutonian! And you know how brutal the Plutonians can be!" Jayden said.

Trent pulled his hair and rolled his eyes. "He may have a Plutonian blood in him but I know, he'll never grow up like them!" He said and then walked upstairs and into his room.

"You guys just blew it off." Julian said.

"Both of you are going to apologise to him and volunteer to help him in finding Luke, remember?! But what did you guys do?!" Zach said and both William and Jayden fell silent. He shook his head and sighed, "Jeez guys... Grow up!" And then he walked off.

**

Tomorrow morning, all of them had breakfast together but didn't bother to speak to each other because of what happened last night. There was nothing except for the clanking of their utensils against their plates.

Trent put his fork and knife down, "I'm going to the police today to ask for some help." He said.

Julian smiled at him and so did Zach.

Just then, the doorbell rang. They all stood up and went to the door. Jayden opened it and a man in his early thirties stood in front of them.

"Is this where Mr. Trent Bell lives?" The police asked.

"Yeah." Trent answered.

"Good day sir. I believe you knew this little fella that I am with right now." He said and then Luke appeared from behind him.

"Luke!" Trent said in delight as he walked hurriedly towards his nephew and hugged him tight. "Luke! Thank God you're alright!"

"I found him lying on the side of the road." The police said. "So I picked him up and brought him to the police station. When he woke up, I tried asking him what happened but he said that he cannot remember anything."

Trent looked up, "Thank you very much officer." He said gratefully.

"No worries but I suggest you that you keep a careful eye on your nephew." He said. "Have a good day." And then he left already.

The Collective together with Luke, went back inside the house. They are now finally complete however, the bond that's been torn by their pride hasn't been mended just yet.