Chapter Forty-Two

• Dedicated to All of my followers here in Wattpad. :)

Rebecca was sweating so cold that she didn't know what to do. Trent hates her right now and she couldn't dare to tell him that she's pregnant. She picked up her phone and looked at it and sighed. Maybe he won't pick up even if I tried to call him. She thought to herself and just placed her phone back on her desk. Suddenly, her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it's Julian.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey Rebecca!" Julian greeted on the other end of the line.

"What's up Julian?"

"Nothing much. Hey, do you wanna hang out at our house? Jayden and the other boys wanted to see you."

She chuckled, "I'm pretty sure that Jayden, Will, and Zach would want to see me but not Trent. He hates me."

"No, he doesn't hate you! He's just drunk at that time and you know it."

"Julian, drunk and sleeping people are the ones who always tell the truth."

And they both fell silent but the silence was cut off when Julian spoke again. "Just come over Rebecca. He wants to see you." He said.

"Really? Did he tell you that he wants to see me?" She asked hopefully.

"No he didn't but we know Trent. Whenever he's quiet and doesn't tell any jokes, we all know that there's something wrong with him. So..  We were just wondering that if you come over, he'll go back to normal again."

"He doesn't need me, Julian."

"If not you, then who?"

Rebecca sighed as a tear rolled down from her left eye, "Luke." She said. "He needs Luke, his nephew." Then she wiped her tears carefully. "Uh... I think I gotta go now. Thank you Julian."

"W-Wait! So are you really coming over or not?"

"I'll think about it." She answered and then hung up. As soon as she ended the call, she cried her heart out.

**

"What now? You're just gonna sit there by your window and mope around all day?" William asked Trent while leaning by the doorframe.

"Leave me alone." Trent grumbled without looking at him.

"We all knew how much you're hurt right now but if there is one person who's REALLY in pain right now... It's Rebecca." William said. "She's hurting because you've changed. You started drinking. You also started to grow cold of her."

"It seems like you've become a different person." He added. "Please Trent, let it go. MOVE ON! Luke's not coming back anymore. We're in pain as well to see you like this!" And then William walked off.

Trent sighed and ran his fingers through his hair and realized that maybe William is right. Luke will never come back again and it's time to move on. He went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and then he dressed up. After that, he went downstairs only to be greeted by the surprised looks of his bandmates.

"I'm going to Luke's school today to pull out his records from there. He's not studying there anymore so it will be better if I do that." He said and he started stuffing his face with pancakes and sausages.

"Wow Trent... Take it slow. You're gonna choke yourself." Zach said.

"Shut up you 23-year-old dog." Trent said and the other boys burst out laughing.

"Excuse me, I am turning 24 this 21st of December." Zach defended.

"You're still an old dog, Zach." William chimed in and the other boys continued laughing.