Chapter Twenty-Two

"It's really late Trent." Rebecca said, referring to the time. "I think we should go to bed and rest."

"Rebecca, you haven't answered my question yet." Trent said firmly and she fell silent all over again.

"Trent... Um... I..." She stuttered then she looked into his warm comforting brown eyes and got lost in them. "Yes... I wanna be your girlfriend."

**

Luke was walking outside the gymnasium and thinking that it would be better if he was not a Plutonian. Or maybe if he never existed at all. Also, her mom, Celine was running through his mind at that moment and he admitted to himself that he misses her so bad.

His thoughts were interrupted when a black limousine stopped in front of their evacuation camp and a man stepped out from that car and soon, he came into a realization that it was Mr. Caldwell.

"What the heck is he doing here?!" Luke thought to himself.

"Luke Hopkins, classmate of my son Alexander Caldwell." Mr. Caldwell said as soon as he saw him and walked towards him. "I'm very sorry for what you guys are experiencing right now."

"That's alright. At least none of us are dead or... ALMOST DEAD." Luke said while smiling at him cunningly. "I believe I have to go now Mr. Caldwell. It was nice talking to you. Bye." Then he immediately walked off.

He doesn't like him but not because he's Alexander's father and he's the one who suspended him but because he can feel that Mr. Caldwell's up to something. Yet, Luke just doesn't know what he's up to

He came into their tent and saw Trent and Rebecca inside. "Hey Luke." Rebecca greeted him.

"Hey." He greeted her back unenthusiastically then he turned to Trent. "Trent can we talk? Just the two of us?" Trent looked at Rebecca and she nodded and then left their tent.

"What's up?" Trent asked.

"Oh... I just saw 'Mr. Lionel Luthor wannabe' outside." Luke responded and he gave him a weird look.

"I saw Mr. Caldwell outside." He clarified. "And I think he's planning something that that's not good."

"How do you know?"

"I don't know. Just a strong bad hunch, that's all."

"You know that hunches can be wrong, right?"

"Well, I hope my hunch is wrong because as soon as I find out that I'm right, I don't know what would I do."

"Luke, just get your mind off it for now. He's just a human and you're a Plutonian. If he ever does plan something bad to you, then he's more likely to fail than to succeed because you're more powerful than him."

Just then, Luke felt that his eyes were hurting and he rubbed them off but still, the pain didn't go away. "Luke, are you okay?" Trent asked him.

"Yeah. I guess I'm just sleepy now since it's REALLY late." He replied as he went to the bed where he and his uncle would share. "Night Uncle Trent."

"Goodnight Luke." Trent said and then he put on a blanket on him, patting his head.

**

Meanwhile, Jayden was out of the gymnasium too, taking a breathe of fresh air while looking and hoping that Ara would show up. He texted her saying that he will be waiting for her at the marble statue outside.