Chapter Fourteen

"What about Luke?" Trent asked. Zach took a deep breath and took out a round object covered in a black cloth from his track pants and handed it to him. Trent unwrapped the black cloth and saw the green meteor rock.

"How did you get one of these?" he asked, his eyes widened in fear and shock.

"I found one in a clothing store, above the rubble when that alien was trying to kill Luke." He replied.

"And your point?"

Zach ran his fingers through his hair as he searched for words at the back of his head. He doesn't want to offend Trent with what he's about to say but sometimes, the truth just hurts.

"You saw what happened a while ago, right? That guy tried to kill you, Luke, Jayden, William, Me and Julian and the other people inside that mall..." He started off. "I mean... Luke is a Plutonian and he's young and he might just have a little bit of knowledge about his powers that he might not even know how to control it. And if ever things with him get out of control, we can use this rock to control him."

"Zach, do you even hear what you are saying right now? You're not trusting Luke with how he use his powers and not only that, you wanted to control him with this rock that that could even cause his death!"

"Well, if things with him just gets out of control. It's not like we're gonna plant it in his system! Let's be practical, Trent!"

**

"I wonder what those two were talking about." Julian said then she turned to Chantelle. "Hey, weren't you the one that Trent nearly ran over with his car?" Chantelle laughed a little bit, "Yeah I am." She replied.

"Are you and Uncle Trent going out yet?" Luke asked.

"I think I'll just let him tell all of you when he gets well." She said.

"Ugh! Waiting here is really boring! How can those two keep a secret from us?!" Julian said.

Luke drifted his attention away from them as he concentrated on the sounds around him. Like before, he heard heartbeats of the people around him then he concentrated on the sounds inside Trent's room and when he did, he finally heard what they are talking about:

"Trent, we cannot trust Plutonians. I know Luke is one of them and he can be like them whenever he wants to. He can try to kill us anytime and anywhere he wants." --Zach.

"Zach, Luke may be a part-Plutonian but he is different from them and from what you think he is! He saved our lives a couple of times! Don't be such a prick! I AM NOT USING THAT ROCK JUST TO CONTROL HIM!" --Trent.

"Trent, all I'm saying is that we are just gonna control him with this thing if ever he cannot control his godforsaken powers! Please Trent, I'm trying to help all of us, especially Luke!" --Zach.

"Still, NO. Luke is my nephew and I'm sure there are other ways to control him when he gets out of control." --Trent.

"That's the point Trent! LUKE IS NOT YOUR NEPHEW! YOU TWO ARE NOT CONNECTED BY BLOOD! WHICH MEANS THAT ANY DAY, HE JUST CAN DECIDE WHETHER TO KILL US OR NOT!" --Zach.

"Is that how low you think he is? That he has no conscience and kills people for pleasure?" --Trent.

"It's possible Trent. He is part-Plutonian. And he is no way different from them." --Zach.

Luke turned back his attention to where he is now and then he walked off. "Luke! Where are you going?" Jayden asked.

"Just going for a walk." Luke replied.

He walked at the garden of the hospital while asking his own self, why can't he be like any normal kids out there? Why was he born this way? Why does he have to be a Plutonian? Why can't he have a normal life?