Chapter Thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY

Two days passed and Julian and Emmarie were already released from the hospital although both of them still couldn't figure out how did he become infected.

"Good to have you back Jules!" Trent said as he ruffled his hair. "Feeling better now?"

"Yeah. Pretty much. Thanks to this girl right here." Julian responded as he turned to Emmarie and gave her the cheesy look.

"Oh yes. The cheesy Iook. How can we forget that?" Jayden said.

"Says the one who does it to Ara." Julian shot back.

"Excuse me, at least I do it occasionally." Jayden shot back and went to the dining table and joined Luke and William.

"I'm hungry. I want breakfast." Zach said as he went over to the dining table and joined the other boys.

Then Julian's face suddenly turned into an uncertain one and Trent noticed it, "Spit it out." He said.

"I still couldn't figure it out how did I become infected." Julian said then he stopped then turned to Emmarie and whispered, "Go help yourself on the dining table."

"Aren't you hungry yet?" Emmarie asked.

Julian just smiled and shook his head. "Okay." She agreed and joined the other guys on the dining table. He turned back to Trent, "And there could be a chance that Emmarie's infected too. I mean I bit her neck and everything..." He said.

"Julian, stop stressing yourself okay? You are no longer infected. Luke already helped you and I'm sure the doctors already extracted the meteor substance in her body, if they ever found one." Trent assured him. "Everything's alright."

"Trent, mail for you!" William said as he tossed the brown envelope towards him and Trent managed to caught it with his hands.

"Go eat your brekkie, Jules." Trent said. "Just remember what I told you."

"Thanks bro." He said and then he joined the others on the dining table.

Trent ripped off the seal and was surprised to see photos of Luke using his superpowers. There was even also a photo of Luke using his laser on Julian. Fear and shock filled his body that he just stared at the photos endlessly. Someone was watching over his nephew and whoever it may be, he's got a very bad feeling about this.

**

"I'll see ya later Uncle Trent." Luke said as he unlatched his seatbelt. "Wait, are you okay?"

"Luke, if ever someone comes up to you and asks you to come with him or her remember this: DO NOT GO WITH HER." Trent said.

Luke chuckled, "Why would I?" Then he opened his car door and hopped off, "I'm a big boy already. I know what's wrong and what's right." He said.

"Hey Luke!!!" Paolo Blakemore, Luke's new friend greeted him as he approached him by his car.

"Care to introduce him to me Luke?" Trent asked him.

"Oh yeah. Uncle Trent, this is Paolo, my friend. Paolo, my Uncle Trent." Luke said.

"Hey Paolo!" Trent greeted. "Nice to meet you."

"Hello Trent!" Paolo waved. "Nice to meet you too. Sir, if you ever have time, could you and your other band mates show me some of your moves? I've been planning to join XFactor this year."

Trent's face filled with delight, "Oh that's great." He said. "And sure. We'll check our schedule for the week, alright?"

"Okay Trent."