Chapter Twenty-Three

Luke didn't waste any second and walked towards the big, useless vault and yanked the door open, causing it to be removed from it's hinges. He threw the door away and saw William and Katelyn, both tied and gagged up. He immediately untied them and removed the handkerchiefs on their mouths.

"We need to go. NOW." Trent said and William and Katelyn got out of the big vault.

"Uncle Trent, you go with them. I'll stay here and face those shitface Plutonians." Luke said.

"NO LUKE! YOU CAN'T! DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT THEY COULD KILL YOU!? YOU'RE JUST A KID!!!"

"THAT'S THE POINT UNCLE TRENT! I'M JUST A KID BUT I AIN'T LIKE THE OTHER KIDS OUT THERE! I'M NOT NORMAL! LOOK, IF I WOULD BE KILLED TODAY THEN FINE! I GUESS IT'S FINALLY MY TIME!"

Trent ran his fingers through his hair and he was sweating so cold.

"Please Uncle... I know I hated being a Plutonian but now, I kind of understand why I was born like this! Because I was meant to use these powers for good! To protect all of you!" Luke said.

"Luke... Please... Don't do it. YOU ARE NOT YET READY!!!" Trent said desperately.

Luke shook his head and rolled his eyes and with a blink of an eye, he was gone. He ran off using his super speed.

**

"Julian!!! Julian!!! Wake up!!!" Emmarie cried.

"Will you ever shut up?!!" The guy said.

"And will you ever stop telling me that?! Because no matter what you say or do, you can't make me shut up!!!" She yelled back and then she spit right across his face. The guy got pissed and smacked her right across her cheek and then smashed her onto the pole, her head hitting first.

Julian opened his eyes, feeling the painful sensation on his head. He saw that the guy was holding a sheathe, its blade glowing bright green and he realized that the blade was made out of a meteor rock and the guy was planning to stab Emmarie with that.

The guy lifted his hand up containing the sheathe on it and Emmarie just closed her eyes, thinking that this is how her demise is gonna be.

Julian, being a quick runner and thinker, he gathered all his strength and ran towards Emmarie and hugged her and let the blade dig through his lower back.

Emmarie's eyes widened in shock with what just Julian did. He smiled at her weakly and then they both collapsed on the concrete floor.

"JULIAN!!!" Emmarie cried. "Julian!!! NO! NO! DON'T DIE! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!"

"Emmarie..." Julian said weakly as blood started to come out of his mouth. "You're the most beautiful girl that I've ever loved in my entire life... And I'm thankful that you became my first girlfriend and I hope that we would be together fore...ver..."

"I know that Julian... I know that. And I'm hoping for the same thing too. " She sobbed then his hands reached out to her face and she got his hand and guided it through her cheek.

"I love you Emmarie... Urrgh..." Julian said and then he closed his eyes and his hand carefully slipped off her hand.

"No... No! JULIAN! NO!!! JULIAN! DON'T!!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" Emmarie said as she tapped his cheek, trying to wake him up. "GODDAMN IT JULIAN!!! WAKE UP!" Then the guy laughed evilly.

She glared at him, "WHAT KIND OF A BEAST ARE YOU!?" She spat at him.

"Me? A beast? You humans are the beasts!" He replied. "You betray, lie, and kill against one of your kind for yourselves!"