Chapter Twenty-Four

They all waited outside the curtain of the medical booth while Julian was being healed by the medical team.

Emmarie was crying endlessly and Zach was trying his best to calm her down. Katelyn, William and Luke all sat down on one of the plastic benches nearby. While Rebecca and Trent sat across them.

"Are you alright?" Trent asked her and she shook her head.

"Trent... This is the first time that I've ever killed a person." Rebecca said and he put his arms around her, "Rebecca, you've killed a beast and you just did the right thing. You and Luke saved all of us." Trent said. "And you know what? I am proud of you for doing the right thing." Then he lifted her chin up and kissed her lips with every ounce of love and passion in him.

"I love you Rebecca." He said.

"I love you too Trent." She replied.

Just then, the doctor came out and they all stood up. "Doctor, how is he?" Trent asked. The doctor looked at them with a sorrowful expression on his face.

**

"You two can go back to your tent as soon she wakes up." The nurse said.

"Thank you." Jayden said.

She smiled then left them. Meanwhile, Jayden stared at Ara, watching her sleep peacefully on the hospital bed with a bandage around her head. He held her hand and kissed it, praying that she would wake up soon.

Ara flinched and opened her eyes only to find Jayden beside her, holding her hand tight. "Jayden?" She said.

"Ara! Thank goodness you're awake!" He exclaimed as he leaned in and kissed her hungrily on the lips then his eyes widened and pulled away. "Sorry..."

"Jayden, before the chaos happened, what were you trying to say back there?" Ara asked him.

Jayden fell silent and blushed. He cleared his throat, "Well... Ara... I was asking you if you could be my..." He trailed off.

"Just say it Jayden."

"Would you be my girlfriend? There... I've said it." Then he bowed his head down in shyness.

She chuckled then she lifted up his chin and leaned over and kissed him gently on his lips. He smiled, "Is that a yes?" he asked and she nodded while beaming then they hugged. After that, they decided to go over to the others and they all saw them with a disappointed look on their faces.

"Okay... Something's up. What is it? Is Julian okay?" Jayden asked.

Emmarie looked up at him, her eyes puffy and red from crying. "Julian's condition is getting worse." She answered. "He's in a comatose." Then she burst out crying again.

"They're preparing him already for his transfer." William said, his arm around Katelyn's waist.

**

They already transferred Julian to a private hospital and he's still in a comatose. When nighttime came, Emmarie and the others suddenly heard his voice.

"Emmarie..." Julian muttered.

"Julian?" She said as she held his hand. "Julian, can you hear me?" But then he didn't answer.

"Okay... Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." She said but he didn't and another batch of tears came out of her eyes. "Julian, remember you promised me that you won't leave me, right? You promised that you will always be here for me..."

Then she held his hand tighter, "Wake up Julian. Open your eyes. I know you can do it." She said. "Please Julian... Live for me."

And with those words, a pair of bright blue eyes met her gaze. "Emmarie?" Julian said.