Chapter Seventeen

"CHANTELLE!!!" Trent cried as he pulled her out from the flames and removed his jacket and tried to put out the flames that licked Chantelle's skin. Chantelle didn't make a noise, instead she was like almost dead. Her flesh burnt and her whole body limping. He can't even recognise her face. When the flames died out, he cradled her in his arms as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Chantelle... Wake up..." He cried softly. "Chantelle..." And miraculously, Chantelle opened her eyes but her vision was already impaired. She can just only see a blur of his face. "Trent..." She said weakly.

"Chantelle...?" He said, a little bit overjoyed.

Chantelle held his hand, "Trent, no matter what happens, I want you to stay safe and happy. I want you to enjoy life... Even if I'm not already with you..." She said.

"Chantelle, why are you saying this?"

"Trent... I don't have much time left so let me take these all out of my mouth." Then she looked at him. "I want you to live your life to the fullest. I want you to be happy in the future... You will always be in my heart and mind. Trent... I... I love you.... You're the only man that I will always love truly and purely. Nothing more, nothing less. I... Love... You..." And then she slowly closed her eyes and with that, her grip from his hand loosened and at that moment, he knew that she was already gone.

He bowed his head and pulled her closer to his body as he cried silently amidst the noisy surroundings.

**

"Fuck! Get off the fuckin' road! QUICK!!!" William cussed as he pressed the car horn angrily then he leaned back on his chair desperately. "Jesus! Walk on the pedestrian lane you stupid people!"

"We should really find Trent and Chantelle quickly." Zach said.

Luke closed his eyes and then Julian shook him, "Hey! This is not the time to sleep mate!" Julian said and he glared at him. "I'm trying to locate Trent by my sharp hearing, you idiot! Plutonian, remember?" Luke said then he closed his eyes and concentrated in finding Trent's voice.

**sob sob sob**

"Chantelle... Chantelle..."

Luke shot his head up and then unlatched his seatbelt. "Hey... Where are you going?!" Jayden asked.

"I already know where Trent is." Luke replied and then he got out of the car quickly and ran a few metres away from the car then he started using his super speed.

**

"Chantelle..." Trent sobbed as he hugged the dead body of the girl he loves. He looked up in the night sky and saw another ball of fire heading down to them and he closed his eyes, preparing to meet his demise. Just then, he felt two strong arms and a strong gust of wind took him away from his spot. He opened his eyes only to find his nephew, Luke.

"Where's Chantelle?" Luke asked.

Trent shook his head and just burst into tears and Luke hugged him tight.

**

"Run faster Rebecca!" Louise said as she held her sister's hand tightly while they ran through the panicked streets of Sydney.

"I can't! I'm a slow runner!!!" Rebecca said.

"Becca, this is not the time to fuckin' let yourself down!"

"I am not letting myself down! I am stating a fact!"

Louise just rolled her eyes and they continued to run when suddenly, she tripped over. "Louise!!!" Rebecca said as she rushed to her side.

"Rebecca, leave. NOW." Louise said firmly.

"But I can't leave you Louise! You're my sister! You're the only family I've got!" Rebecca shot back.

"Please stop being so stubborn and cooperate with me at least once!"

"BUT LOUISE---!"

"REBECCA!"

And with that firm voice of Louise, Rebecca slightly jumped from her spot. "Rebecca, as your older sister, please... Obey me! I still want you to live a long life, honey. You've got a long way to go..." Louise said, her voice cracking as her tears streamed down on her cheeks while staring into her sister's innocent blue eyes. "Please Bubbles... Do this for me... For you... For both of us." She begged.

"Louise..."

"Now, GO. GO!!!"

Rebecca straightened herself up and took a few steps back.

"I love you Rebecca. You'll always be my pretty little sister." Louise said and then Rebecca smiled through her tears then ran away with her bag pack slung over her shoulder. She ran and ran even though she has no idea of where to go.

**

"Let's get in the car. Uncle William and the others are waiting for us." Luke said and Trent nodded as he wiped his tears away. When they were about to leave, Trent saw from the corner of his eye a girl with dark brown hair and pinkish-white skin sitting on the ground, rubbing her ankle. And from the looks of it, she looked like she twisted her ankle.

"Luke, get in the car." Trent ordered.

"What?! Why?!" Luke asked.

"Just GO!" He said and Luke left already. Trent ran towards the injured girl, "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

"I twisted my ankle... I think." The girl replied as she looked at him and he saw fear in her eyes.

"What's your name?"

"Rebecca."

"Okay Rebecca, I'll get you away from here safe and sound."

Then he carried her in his big, muscly arms and then ran as fast as he could while trying to find William's car. When he finally found it, they both went inside and drove away.

Along the way, Rebecca couldn't stop crying in fear. "Hush now... All of these will be over soon." Trent said as he soothed her back and hugged her tight and prayed that this mess will be over as soon as possible.