Surprised

Duff

I was woken up by the sound of my door opening and shutting, and the creak of the floor boards underneath the weight of someone's feet.

I felt the blankets move slightly, and the bed dip down. 

A hand wandered across my shoulder blades, pausing for a minute over the tattoos that covered my back.

"Duff?" her throaty yet sexy voice questioned me.

I turned over in bed to meet her gaze, and her big blue eyes burned right through mine.

Now it was my turn to ask. "Where's Axl?" 

She bit her lip carefully and batted her long lashes at me. "I'm not sure. I heard a bunch of noises last night, and then he came in. I asked him what was going on and he told me he'd tell me in the morning. When I woke up a few minutes ago he was gone." 

She stopped a second and stared at me. "What in the hell happened to your nose?" 

I looked at her, thinking carefully of what to say. "Nothing, it's nothing." I said, brushing her off.

A silence took over the room, with her blue eyes continuing to stare into my own. 

Finally, after a good minute, she rolled over towards the window, away from me. She began to speak. 

"I'm not sure why I came in here." she said plainly, staring out onto the LA skyline.

"I can't just sit in that bedroom by myself anymore. He can't keep doing this to me, but I care about him too much." she said.

 I kept silent as she continued to talk.

"Things were so much easier when we were just friends. I didn't worry as much. When he went missing for a few days, I didn't take it personally. But now all I do is cry and worry."

Silence.

"I don't want to hurt him, Duff. I know it's not right for us to be together. He's proven that to me in these two months we've been dating, but seeing him upset kills me." she said.

I knew exactly what I wanted to tell her, but I kept my mouth shut. "I don't know what to tell you." I said.

Silence, once again.

"You know, I really like you." she said, turning back towards me.

"I really like you too, Ana." I responded.

"And I really don't know what I'd do without you, Duff. Your always there when I need you." her hand touched my bare chest, and she scooted in closer. I took her in my arms and wrapped her in a tight hug.

I seized the opportunity to drink in every aspect of her. Her smell, the feeling of her bare skin against mine, and the sound of her voice. Every hair on my body stood on end, and it took every bit of self control I had not to kiss her pretty lips. I silently wished it would last forever.

I was taken by surprise when I felt hot tears hit my chest. She cupped my face gently, and planted a kiss on my cheek, but I grabbed her chin instead, gently lifting her lips to meet with mine.

And it happened.

Everything I ever felt for her poured out of me and into the kiss, channeling the sweet emotion between the two of us. 

And then her fingers were in my hair, and my hand wandered to the small of her back. Her tongue was suddenly mingling with mine, doing the tango. 

Between sweet kisses, she spoke. "I've gotta get ready for work." she tried, but her body said otherwise. We continued to lock lips, and my mouth wandered down to the nape of her neck.