Wine and Dined

Anastasia

I listen to the last note of Paradise City drop as I walk back inside the building.

I had just gotten back from walking Duff's family out to their car.

During the end of the set, I was with Duff's family at floor seating enjoying the show. Before the set was over, Duff's sister told me they were leaving. I asked her why, but she just told me I'd find out about it soon enough.

How weird. They left and didn't even say goodbye to him--and they never get to see him.

I weave my way through the roadies, who were scrambling to change the set over so The Cult could get onstage.

I reach the area just behind the curtain just as Duff is stepping offstage.

He sees me immediately and doesn't even bother saying a word. He pulls me in by the waist and his lips land on mine, kissing me long and hard.

We don't need words to communicate.

"Get a fucking room!" Slash calls drunkenly as he walks past us.

Duff's hand finds mine and we walk back to his dressing room where we can hear each other a bit better.

I open the door and close it gently behind us.

"Well." I say plainly, staring at Duff, who now is stripping out of his sweaty stage clothes.

"Well what." he mumbles.

"What happened earlier?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?" He questions, putting on a clean pair of pants.

"What happened earlier that made you have a panic attack?" I clarify.

"You fucking disappeared." Duff says with a sarcastic chuckle.

"Duff, I was outside having a cigarette. I didn't disappear." I say smartly.

"Well how was I supposed to know? After what you and Joan talked about, you could have run for the fucking hills." he says.

I bit my tongue.

How did he find out what Joan and I had talked about?

Now it was my turn to find out how much he knew.

"What do you mean?"

"She thinks I'm a fucking alcoholic. She tried to tell you that I am one." Duff says, staring at me with his dark green eyes.

Silence.

"You don't really believe her, do you?" he finally asks, getting a little angry.

I stay silent, pondering my response until I can finally think of the right thing to say.

"No Duff, I don't believe her."

I watch him intently as he approaches me, pulling me in tight for a hug. He kisses the top of my head.

"I'm sorry that she bothered you with all that shit. If I knew she was going to do that I wouldn't have left you alone with her." he says. 

"It's okay." I answer.

He pauses, and then speaks again.

"Did you know your fucking perfect?" he asks, and I smile. 

"Your the only person who gets me. Your the only fucking one." he says, shaking his head with a smile, but I don't say a word.

"And mark my words. I'm gonna marry you someday."

______________________________________________________________________________