Reconvened

About 5 years later,

July 25, 1993

6:33PM

Anastasia

I stare at myself in the mirror, my bright red lipstick applied perfectly to my lips.

"Mommy! Mommy!" DJ calls from the hotel room's spacious living area.

"What baby?" I ask.

"Look at what my dinosaur can do!" he says, and he proceeds to make the dinosaur eat the plethora of toy cars he owns.

"Wow! What a mean dinosaur!" I say to him as I try my best to get my teardrop earrings into my ear.

I look through the mirror at my son and smile, he's dressed in a suit just his size, and he looks adorable. I couldn't believe he was 5 years old now. It seems like just yesterday that I was holding him in my arms, kissing his little cheeks.

He was going to be a ring barer in Cheryl's wedding tomorrow.

That's right, Cheryl is getting married. She found a nice man named Peter who is a doctor at Good Samaritan hospital. They've known each other for quite awhile, and tomorrow they tie the knot. DJ and I were heading to the rehearsal dinner.

"Ready to go baby?" I ask. His little face looks up to meet mine, and his eyebrows raise.

"Wow mommy, you look pretty!" he says, and somehow, a 5 year old makes me blush.

I look down at my dress.

Cheryl insisted I be her maid of honor, and this is the dress she picked out for me. It was a very light pink and short, but it hugged my curves nicely.

"Thank you." I smile at him and he picks up his dinosaur.

"Can my dinos come?" he asks.

I chuckle. "Sure."

I grab my son's hand and nearly have to drag him out the door to our waiting taxi.

"Okay, so what are you going to do when they give you the ring?" I ask DJ.

"I'm going to walk down the aisle next to Lila and give Mr. Peter the ring." he says.

Lila was Cheryl's baby daughter. She was born a little less then a year ago, and Cheryl was ecstatic when she started to walk last month. She's the flower girl in the wedding.

"Good. Perfect." I smile.

It isn't long before we pull up to the Greystone Mansion, a luxurious place on lots of land. It was a beautiful place to have a wedding.

I help DJ unbuckle from his seat and grab him out of the car. He wasn't use to the hustle and bustle of the city, because Pismo Beach just wasn't like LA.

We walk inside and I stand at the table, where an older woman sits.

"Name?" She asks.

"Anastasia and Michael Andrew Ryker. They call him DJ" I tell her.

She scans the list in front of her, and she looks back up.

"I don't see that name on this list." she says.

"How about Fisher. That's my maiden name." I tell her.

She scans the list again. "Ah! Here it is. Table 2, Mrs. Ryker." she says, and the sound of my new name gave me butterflies.

A few months ago, I got married myself. His name is Dylan, and he's a lawyer. We met when I was waiting tables at work, and we took a liking to each other instantly. He's really good with DJ, too.