Confronted

Anastasia

I quickly clean the dishes off of the table that had just left. The faster I can clear it, the more tables can get sat, which means the more tips I get. 

"Ana, I just left you one at 4." Kasey says.

"Thanks, Kase." I tell her. 

I vow to finish clearing this table before I move to the next one. It takes me a few minutes to clear it, but not too long.

 When i get to my new table, I can't see anyone, but Kasey did say she sat someone there.

I look the table over and there's no signs of life, just one menu sitting on the side opposite of where I'm standing.

They probably bailed since I took too long.

I go to ask Kasey if she's sure she sat someone, but as I turn around, I bump into someone.

"Didn't think you'd ever get done clearing that table." he says, and I gasp.

Shit.

He takes a seat and opens his menu.

"What can I get you to drink." my voice cracks inadvertently.

"Whatever you recommend." he says politely.

I stutter nervously. "I'll be right back." 

I go to the bar and try my best to calm myself down. It wasn't that I was afraid or nervous of him, it was just his visit was so unexpected.

 "Scotch on the rocks." I mumble to the bartender. I lean up against the bar and wait for the drink, which only takes a second.

Why did he come here anyway?

"Here you go, Ana." the bartender says, and I take the drink over to his table.

I set it down carefully and pull my notepad out of my pocket.

"What can I get you?" I ask him.

He takes his sunglasses off and puts them on the table.

"You've gotta be kidding me, Anastasia. You and I both know I didn't come here to eat." he says, and I sigh. I thought i'd be able to avoid this conversation.

"If you didn't notice, I'm at work, Axl." I tell him, shuffling my feet impatiently.

"We need to talk. You tell me when, and I'll wait." he says.

I think about when my break will be, because I can see now he's not going to take no for an answer. He never does. But then I think of something.

"Don't you guys have a gig tonight?" I ask.

He takes a sip of his drink and glances at the clock on the wall. "Yeah, it starts in five minutes, as a matter of fact." 

"Then why are you here, Axl? Can't we talk about this at home? We do live together, if you don't recall." I try.

He scoffs and takes another swig of his drink, finishing it off. 

"I want to talk to you, Asia. Not with you and Duff. Just you. Alone." he repeats.

This meant the guys were probably at the Troubadour waiting for Axl to show, and here I was being the reason he didn't.

"Come on." I tell him, and I walk towards the front door.

We pass the hostess desk. "Kase, I'm going on my break" I tell her, and she just nods.

I lead Axl out the front door and around to the back of the restaurant.