Recorded

Anastasia

Today was the day: the filming of the Welcome to the Jungle music video.

I packed up my stuff in a small suitcase and wheeled it out to the car. 

The good thing about the deal that Guns signed is that they have full creative freedom over everything band related. They got to decide what the videos were going to be like and they got to decide what songs got recorded. The executives at Geffen were there for support and consultation of course, but in the end, the guys had the final say.

Izzy and Slash are waiting inside the car, and Axl is at Erin's (he says he'll meet us there) but Steven and Duff are still inside.

I run back up the steps. If we don't hurry, we're gonna be late for the shoot.

"Duff?" I call from the front door.

"Yeah?" he calls from the bedroom.

I walk in and find him adjusting his hair in the mirror. 

"Does this look okay?" he asks me, smoothing down his blue shirt.

He wears his usual leather pants and he has a white headband tied in his hair. His blonde bangs flop over the front of it and he wears a single black hoop in his ear.

"Yeah babe. You look great." I tell him with a smile. 

He grabs my hand and pulls me into his chest, kissing the top of my head. 

"We gotta go, Duff. We're gonna be late." I tell him, wiggling out of his grasp.

"Steven!" I call at the top of my lungs. 

He pops around the corner suddenly, scaring me half to death.

"Black or white?!" he says, holding up two different tanks tops. 

For goodness sake. I swore these guys were worse then a girl sometimes.

I roll my eyes. "Black. Axl's wearing white I think."

"Cool. Thanks Ana!" he smiles, darting back into his bedroom.

I head back downstairs and take my place in the backseat next to Izzy. 

"Where's your sexy clothes, Ana?" Slash asks looking at me through the rear-view mirror. I look down to remind myself of what I'm wearing: sweatpants and a Led Zeppelin t-shirt. 

He starts laughing and I flip him off. "My bag's in the back, asshole." I respond.

I watch as Duff and Steven come out of the house. 

I slide over in the seat so that Duff can get in. Once he does, he pats his lap and I am more then happy to oblige. 

"Geeze Ana, did they fire you from the video?" Steven asks.

"What's with everyone picking on me today?! My bag's in the back!" I complain, jokingly.

Everyone laughs, and Duff hugs me a little tighter. 

"You could be wearing a plastic bag and still look hot, babe." he says, kissing my neck.

"At least someone thinks so." I smirk.

"Nah, they think so too. They're just jealous." he responds. 

We drive a few short minutes to the intersection of South La Brea and Park Plaza. When we get there, I can see the crew has already set up the various cameras and lighting. 

"Wow." I hear Steven say as he stares out the window like a child, admiring the set.

All the other guys are staring too.