Proposed

Anastasia

After our week off, Duff, the guys, and I went on the mini-tour to the East Coast. 

While we were in New York City, I managed to book a few modeling jobs with some major magazines. The boys also got to do some shows at CBGB's and even the Ritz. 

If we thought the paparazzi was bad before, you should see them now. We can't go anywhere without being hounded by reporters and cameras. They've even managed to learn all of the girlfriend's names. 

I don't do anything alone anymore because I can't. The paparazzi is really good at following people, including me. Things get super crazy sometimes, and that's why Duff had to hire security for the both of us.

Album sales for Appetite for Destruction are skyrocketing, too. The boys are finally collecting royalties from it, and that means our quality of life has gotten better. 

Duff says when we get back from the tour with Mötley, we're going to start looking for a nicer house. 

The boys have been on tour with Mötley for about a month now, and I've been stuck on the bus with them. 

The touring life was strenuous, but it was nice to be able to see the country with Duff. Without the band, we probably wouldn't get this opportunity.

A few weeks ago, something really terrible happened while we were out on the road. Axl got a call from Erin's mom at home saying there was something wrong with Erin and that he should come home right away. Axl flew back to L.A  red-eye only to return two days later. Erin had lost the baby, and Axl was distraught. 

Although Axl and I weren't on the best of terms anymore, I still felt bad for him. He was my best friend, and I knew him better then he knew himself. I've never seen him so upset in his life. 

It took Axl quite awhile to get over the miscarriage, but he seemed to channel his feelings back into the band ten fold. He wanted to write more, do more shows, and practice more. 

Although that seems like a healthy outlet to his feelings, I know he's still hurting inside. 

The boys just finished up on stage here in Florida about 5 minutes ago. We were somewhere between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, and luckily, we had a few days off before flying to Texas for another gig. 

Things have generally been going good between Duff and I, but recently, he's been acting sort of distant. I'm not sure why, but I endeavor to find out.

I strut backstage to find Duff, who is standing right behind the curtain talking to Axl. 

Axl's got both of his hands on Duff's shoulders, holding him at arms length and shaking him with a smile. Neither of them know I'm watching I guess, because they give each other a high five, and Axl goes on his way. 

I continue to watch Duff from afar as he puts his bass into the stand. He's just standing there with his hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. 

What was wrong with him?

"Hey, babe." I say cautiously, approaching him from behind.

He turns around quickly and a smile hits his face. "Hey. I was just coming to find you." he says.

"Yeah? Well it looks like you need a shower." I say, pulling him in for a sweaty hug. 

He chuckles. "Well it looks like you need one now, too." 

"Guess so." I smile. "Good thing we have a hotel room."

"Yeah, good thing." He says, and I sense some nervousness in his voice.