Serenaded

Anastasia

After finishing up my take, we completed a few more featuring Slash and more of Axl. Slash got so drunk he tried to steal the bus we used to shoot the video in. It was the funniest thing I've seen all day. Nigel banned him from drinking after that.

"Alright, that's a wrap for those scripted parts. All we have left is the stage performance portion. The only problem is, they wouldn't put money in the damn budget to hire a crowd." Nigel says. 

"We'll have to find a way to get enough people in at the Whisky to make it look like a crowd-- so if you got friends who want to be in the video, call them now. We'll meet at the Whisky in an hour and see if we have enough to shoot it" he says.

Guns has built quite a local fan base since they first started up. Everyone in L.A knew who they were, and most of them really liked them. This made it a little easier to find people to be in the video, but regardless, the guys and I spend the next hour on the phone calling as many people as we know and telling them to bring as many friends as they can to the Whisky right now.

"Well, I think that's all we've got. I called everybody I know that lives on this side of the country." Axl says. 

"Nothing more we can do now." I tell the guys, and we all pack into the car and drive to the Whisky. 

When we get there, we go through the front door and straight backstage. All of the guys had to go to hair and make-up, and thankfully, I was just one of the fans in this part of the shoot. 

I follow Duff to his dressing room where one of the make up artists are waiting for him. She immediately gets to work applying a bronzer to his face, since they say the lighting makes you look pale. 

My ears perk up as I hear a noise radiating from the outside. 

"What is that?" Duff asks, and I leave the room to find out.

I follow the sound all the way out to the front stage, where I'm met by a few hundred people, mostly girls. I recognize a lot of them from the other night at Cheryl's. Some of them are strippers from the bars. Others are waitresses at K.C's. Some are ex-girlfriends of the band. Others are girlfriends of the band, who brought their friends with them, too. Some of the girls I recognized from hanging with Mötley and Aerosmith, and some people I had just plain never seen before. 

One of them shouts my name, and I look to see where it came from with no luck.

Nigel comes up behind me and puts an arm around my shoulder. "What's wrong, love?" he asks me.

"Where did all these people come from?" I ask him.

"Some of them we found on the street and asked to come in. I guess you guys called a bunch of people, too." he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"It doesn't matter where they came from, as long as we have enough to film this. This, I think, is enough." he says. 

Good. 

I see Cheryl in the crowd and wave to her. I promised her she'd meet the band the next time we hung out, so I guessed now was as good of a time as ever. 

I helped her from the pit onto the stage, instructing her to follow me back to the backstage area.

"What's up, Ana?!" she asks excitedly.

"You've already met Duff, but I promised you'd get to meet the rest of the band." I tell her, and she's smiling like crazy.

I pull her into the band meeting room mostly because I'm almost sure they're finished their make-up and hair by now.