Revealed

Anastasia

After the three live songs, the recorded version of the album began to play over the loudspeaker. Everyone listened and chatted enthusiastically about the album, and it was the first time I was hearing a lot of the songs too. Each one was different, but I loved them all so far.

It was the last song on the album and I heard Mr. Geffen speak up.

"Now this is a good one! You've gotta hear this one, Ed." he says to Mr. Rosenblatt. 

It was just another song I haven't heard before, but I already liked the opening, with Steven's drums and Duff's bass tearing it up. 

"This song might be the best one yet!" I told Michelle. 

"If I say I don't need anyone

I can say these things to you 'cause

I can turn on anyone just like I've turned on you

I've got a tongue like a razor

A sweet switchblade knife

And I can do you favors, But then you'll do whatever I like" 

Axl's voice sang.

"Come on, Anastasia. We gotta go." Axl says to me. Speaking of the devil.

"For what? This songs the best one yet!" I smile and bat my eyelashes at him.

"I'll play it for you at home. We gotta go." he says again, and I'm confused.

"What's the big deal? It's only like, five more minutes, right? You can't wait five minutes?" I ask him.

"We're leaving, Ana. Now." He says sternly.

"Axl, it's your fucking party. It's your night. You're supposed to stay until the last guest leaves. Why do we have to go?" I ask.

"Because I said so. Now let's go." he says, grabbing my arm and practically dragging me towards the door.

"Tell me why we have to--" I stop speaking and stop in my tracks because the song changes from singing to

"Moaning? Who is that?" I ask Axl and rip my arm out of his grip. He's gone completely pale.

I look around the room and notice that everyone is looking at me. Duff, Slash, Steven, Izzy, Michelle, Adriana, and even Mr. Geffen. 

Something wasn't right.

"Who is it Axl?" I spit fire, and he tries to grab my arm again.

"It's nobody, Ana. Let's go home." he tries.

"Get the fuck off of me." I seethe. 

I go right back to the table where the rest of the band sits, and none of them are talking. 

"Who the fuck is that? In the song? Who is moaning?" I ask them.

No one answers, but I watch as Adriana's face turns beet red. 

"It's me." she says. 

My heart beats a little slower. Good. Just Steven and Adriana, getting it on. 

"Oh g-" I begin speaking but I'm cut off by Adriana again.

"Axl said he tried to get you to do it, but you wouldn't. So he asked me and he said you were okay with it- and I was fighting with Steven at the time and- and- I'm sorry, Ana." she says.

And then I put the pieces together. 

It's not Steven and Adriana. 

It's Axl and Adriana.