Claimed

Anastasia
I watch as Duff takes the wash cloth and applies his own body wash to it. He doesn't say a word, but instead applies the warm cloth to my shoulders, scrubbing all evidence of our hidden tryst away.

In this seemingly perfect moment, my head is spinning in a million different directions. I'm thinking of Axl, and that's rarely a good thing.

He'd be home sometime tonight probably, and that meant my time with Duff would be over.

I lift my legs out of the water so Duff can wash them.

"You didn't leave any marks did you?" I ask him.

"Only one on your neck. It's not too dark. I didn't realize it until it was too late." He responds, smirking. He takes a sip out of a bottle of heineken and before he can put it back down, I steal it from his lips, finishing the bottle off.

"That's alright." I say, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. My mind flips to Axl again.

I didn't want to be with Axl. I wanted to be with Duff. But Axl was a good friend, and I don't want to hurt him.

"What's bugging you, Ana?" Duff asks, planting a kiss behind my ear.

I sigh. "This whole thing is just fucked up, Duff. Everything about it is fucked."

"You could be mine, Ana. All you have to do is say the word and I'll tell Axl to fuck off. Easy as that." He says, and I turn around so I can wash him now.

"It's not that easy though, Duff. Axl's my best friend. I don't want to lose him." I run the wash cloth down his neck and he tilts it so I can wash all the way around.

Silence ensues, but I break it.

"I love you, Duff. I've never felt this way about any one else I've ever met. I don't understand how two people can be so interconnected without saying anything at all." A single tear escapes from my eyes.

"Promise me." Duff says.

I stop washing. "Promise you what?"

He pulls me back into his arms once more. "Promise me that it'll always be me and you. Promise that after this shit is all over, I'll never have to share you with anyone again."

I don't even need to think. It's a no brainer. Duff is, and always will be my heart and soul.

"Always, baby" I answer, and he kisses my lips gently.

We pull out of our embrace and it leaves me wanting more.

"You know I'd love nothing more then to sit in here with you all night, but I'm sure the guys will be home soon." Duff remarks.

"What time is it anyway?" I question, and my eyes flick to the clock. Damn. 3 AM already. Duff was right. The Seventh Veil closed at 3:30, so they'd be home any time.

I sigh. "Nothing can ever be easy." I say as I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my shoulders. I grab one for Duff and hand it to him.

"In due time, Ana." he says, and he follows me out of the bathroom.

I walk into Axl's room alone and pull out one of his shirts. I slide it over my body and shut the drawer carefully. I brush out my long, unruly hair and remove whats left of my make up.