Locked

Anastasia

We got dressed quickly and I went with Duff to the sound check. Duff said it would take awhile, since this was the first time the roadies for The Cult ever set up Gun's equipment. 

So to avoid the inevitable boredom, I ended up flagging down a taxi and taking it into the heart of the city. Duff said he would meet me in his dressing room at 6:30, right before they were set to go on for the night. 

I slammed the door of the taxi and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, taking a look around. This city was beautiful. The whole thing was an island, only connected to the mainland by a man-made bridge. 

I stepped onto the curb in front of me and looked down the street, which was lined with shop after shop. 

Duff gave me money to spend, but I told him I wouldn't do it. He insisted I take it though, shoving it in my back pocket as I kissed him goodbye. 

I wasn't going to spend Duff's money. I wasn't here to live off of his small fortune. Sure, he had gotten an advance for signing, but it was his money, not mine. 

With the money I had saved from working in L.A, I could fend for myself.

I hopped from store to store for hours, just looking around at all of the adorable outfits, jewelry, and trinkets they had for sale. 

Eventually, I found myself at the place I tend to call my home--the beach. Whether it be on the East Coast or the West, it didn't really matter. Whenever I felt my toes hit the sand and heard the waves lapping at the shoreline, I felt like everything in the world was right.  

I took a seat in the sand and stared out over the ocean. I thought about all the things that had changed in my life in such a short amount of time. 

I had lost my mother almost a half a year ago. I moved to California just 2 weeks after that, meeting up with Axl the day after. 

I missed my mother dearly. 

She was a happy soul-- an amazing woman with a huge heart. She died in her sleep from a massive brain hemorrhage. She was only 43.

I missed her, and I'd do anything to have her back, but it makes me think of all the things that would have never happened had she not passed away.

I would have never moved out to California to be with my dad, and therefore, I would have never met back up with Axl again. And let's face it, without Axl, I would have never met Duff.

I loved Duff. I loved Duff more then I've ever loved anyone in my life. In fact, I don't think I'll ever love someone as much as I love him. 

Sometimes, the feelings I have for him scare me. If he were to leave me or find someone else, I don't think I could take it. There would be no reason for living anymore. 

Suddenly, a sound interrupts my thoughts. 

I glance up at the sky, not far from where I'm sitting, I hear the steady sound of a big city clock striking 6.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Duff

We finished the sound check a little earlier then expected, so Slash and I decided we'd go grab a couple of drinks. On our way back to the venue, we had to pass a bunch of little shops. 

"What time is it?" I ask Slash, and he just shrugs his shoulders.

"We've got time." He says as he follows me into the shop.