Loved

Anastasia

"Alright, keep em' closed." Axl said, sitting me down in a chair of some sort, with his red bandana tied around my eyes. I couldn't see a thing.

"Ready?" he questioned. I listened carefully, and sounds engulfed me all around. Although the bandana was covering my eyes, I shut them so I could take in the music.

Guitar--A riff I've heard before, but from where? 

Slash. 

Slash was playing this just a few nights ago, over and over again.

Then a voice, Axl's.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories

Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky

Now and then when I see her face

She takes me away to that special place

And if I stared too long, I'd probably break down and cry

Woah-oh-oh Sweet child o' mine

Woah-oh-oh-oh Sweet love of mine"

I allowed my mind to flash back to Axl and I as children, running through my house in bare feet, chasing each other through the corn fields, walking to church together on Sunday's--just a few of the many memories we had together.

"She's got eyes of the bluest skies, as if they thought of rain

I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain

Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place where as a child I'd hide

And pray for the thunder and the rain, To quietly pass me by"

I bit my lip and sighed, because I felt guilty. 

Axl had been here in the studio, writing beautiful lyrics. Lyrics that were not only beautiful, but about me, too. 

And then there was me, laying in Duff's bed, wrapped up in his arms while Axl trusted that I'd be home in his bed waiting for him.

The song gently came to a close with Axl's voice, and I felt him shuffle behind me, taking off the bandana. He folded it back up carefully and started to tie it back onto his head, where it usually was.

"So, what did you think of it?" he smiled, looking at me.

"It's beautiful." I answered. 

"There's a lot more songs, if you want to hear them. I was going to play that song for you on your birthday, because I wrote it about you, but I know you're upset right now. I wanted you to see that all the time I spend away from you isn't being wasted." he said, kneeling between my legs and looking me in the eyes.

He grabbed me by the chin gently and lifted it up to meet his eyes. 

"Anastasia, look at me." he smiled. He reached up to my face and swiped a strand of blonde hair out of my eyes, tucking it behind my ear. 

His eyes locked with mine, and he took my hand in his. 

"I know it must really suck laying it bed all by yourself. But it'll all be worth it in the end. We're gonna hit it big, baby. There's not gonna be a single thing in the world that you want and won't be able to get. Mark my words, this album--" he stopped and thought a second.

"...Actually, this exact song, is gonna make me famous. I know it." he chuckled.

"And people will know exactly who you are, cause you'll always be my sweet child." he said, kissing the top of my head.