Offered

Duff

"Adriana!" Steven calls, chucking rocks at her window.

Steven was pissed, because he was almost sure it was her on 'Rocket Queen'. As soon as he decided it was her, we got in the car and came here, to Adriana's parents house, where she lived.

Steven said that him and Adriana got into a big fight last week, and when they did, she disappeared for a few days, which wasn't like her at all. 

I was just here for moral support.

After what feels like a hundred more rocks, we hear the window slide open, and Adriana leans her head out.

"What the hell, Steven?" she whines, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Either you get the hell down here or we're coming up. We've gotta talk." Steven says angrily.

I see a flit of nervousness flash across her face. She stares blankly for a second. "I'll be down in a minute. I've just gotta get dressed." she says.

We wait for a few minutes, but it doesn't take Adriana long to get dressed at all. We decided that sitting in the car would be a better idea considering it was the middle of the night and their might be a lot of screaming.

Adriana slides into the passenger seat and I sit in the back alone. I almost feel like a third wheel, but I know that this pair might not be a couple for very much longer, if what Steven thinks happened is true.

Steven is shooting her a death glare, so she turns to me.

"What's up Duff? Didn't even realize you were here." she says, offering me a little smile.

"Nothin' much." I say simply, because she really has no idea what she's in for, or she wouldn't be this happy.

Steven scowls at her.

"Alright, I'm here. Now what's wrong?" she says with a huff.

"You tell me." he says.

"I have no clue what you're talking about Stevie. I was just in bed sleeping 5 minutes ago. I'm pretty out of it to be honest." she chuckles.

Steven is pissed. "Rocket Queen." he says plainly.

I watch carefully as all the color drains right out of Adriana's face, and she goes completely pale. Even after her slight falter, she recovers well.

"Yeah, what about it?" she says nervously.

"That's you, is it not?" Steven questions.

"It is." she offers no additional information. Her eyes flick to the floor and then back to Steven.

"Well are you gonna tell me what in the fuck you were thinking? You're my fucking girlfriend. We didn't even talk about this! Who'd you fuck to get that?" Steven spits venom.

She stutters nervously. "I-- Uh... Axl asked me to record it for the album. I didn't fuck him though."

Even I could tell she was lying. She most definitely fucked Axl. No doubt about it.

"I can't believe you Adriana. We have one fucking fight and you disappear. You're fucking crazy." Steven says, shaking his head.

"Listen baby, I love you. I was doing it for the band. Axl said Ana wouldn't do it, and the record needed a little more energy so he asked me to do it. I did it for the band." she repeats again, and this makes Steven soften right up, much to my dismay.

See, that's what love does to you. It clouds your judgement. Even when you know somethings not right, you'll find any and all reasons to make it okay.