Moved In

About two and a half weeks later, 9/26/1987

Anastasia

"A little more to the right." I tell Izzy as he and Slash push the dresser from one spot of the room to the other.

"Seriously, Ana. This is gonna take all fucking day." Izzy whines.

"There! Right there. Stop." I tell them as I decide that's exactly where the dresser should go.

Duff and I were moving in to our new house today, and the boys came over to help us out.

The house we found was small but cute. We were looking for something cheap since we didn't have a whole lot of money. It had two bedrooms and one bathroom along with all the neccesities you would need. It wasn't too far from the old house and even closer to the band's practice space.

The rent wasn't too bad, either.

With Duff's money from signing and my money I'll get from doing the music videos, we'll be able to pay the rent and utilities just fine. I might even pick my job back up waitressing at K.C's, although Duff doesn't want me to.

For now, we had minimal furniture. We had gone out and bought a bed with box spring and frame, a dresser, a dining room table and chairs, a couch, a coffee table, a TV, and a microwave. We also had some stuff from our old place.

"Where do you want this, babe?" Duff questions, him and Steven carrying a huge box filled with records.

"Over there on the shelf underneath the coffee table." I tell him.

Since we didn't have much stuff, it wasn't going to take long to move in, and good thing, too. Duff was leaving for Germany tomorrow morning at 9 AM, and I fly out to Tennessee for the Aerosmith shoot at noon.

I take a seat on the couch and look around our new place.

It wasn't much, but it was home.

Truth be told, I could make anywhere home as long as I had Duff.

And then it hits me again that he's leaving tomorrow, and I'll be here without him for almost a month.

Duff and I haven't been apart since we first met, and even when he leaves me for a few hours, I feel empty.

Fuck. What was I gonna do here without him?

Just thinking about it makes me upset, and I can feel the tears rolling down my face.

I can only imagine what it's gonna be like when I have to say goodbye to him at the airport tomorrow.

There's a good chance I'll spend a lot of time just sitting here staring at the walls or crying. Maybe I'll see if I can pick up a few modeling jobs.

My thoughts are interrupted by the presence of Steven, Izzy, and Slash.

"Hey Ana. We're gonna head out. Congratulations on the new place." Steven says kindly.

I try my best to work up a smile and wipe the tears from my face. "Thanks for your help guys. And have a kick ass time in Europe. I know I'll see you guys in the morning, but I'm sure I'll be too busy crying to wish you luck." I give a little chuckle.

I give them each a hug one by one. "You guys will kill it. I wish I could be there." I tell them.

They smile at me empathetically, because they are some of the few people that do know how it feels to leave your significant other for touring.

"See you tomorrow, Ana. Have a good night." Steven says and I try my best to smile.

I watch them walk out of the living room, and I hear the door open.