Epilogue

August 30, 1994, 9:29 PM

Anastasia

I lay quietly on the bed, staring out the big glass windows as I look over the Pacific Ocean.

It was nearly 9:30 at night, rendering the sky pitch black.

I can just barely make out the shoreline.

The waves roll gently over the rocks before crashing violently on the beach below, and I take a deep breath.

I close my eyes and focus. If you listened carefully, you could hear the ocean, even with the windows shut.

The ocean always brought me peace, and the view was beautiful. I couldn't get over it.

Although my eyes are closed, I hear the light footsteps on the hardwood floor in the hallway outside of the bedroom, and I hold my breath.

It isn't more then two seconds later when the bedroom door opens quietly.

I keep my eyes shut as I hear the shuffling, but then, as usual, I can't resist.

My eyes flick open and I'm met with a pair of green ones staring right back at me.

"I didn't mean to wake you, baby." he says.

I watch him intently as he strips out of his pants, leaving him in his plaid boxers.

"You didn't. I was waiting for you to come back to bed." I mutter quietly.

I watch him as he walks over to my side of the bed. He takes his shirt off as he moves towards me, revealing his toned stomach.

God my husband was so hot.

He leans down and pulls the pink blanket that's draped over my chest gently, revealing a tiny face swaddled tight in a baby blanket.

He pulls the blanket down so he can see her face better. I watch as he smiles at her. He tickles her cheek with his index finger, and she whines very quietly in protest.

"Did you get enough to eat Ava Rose?" he mutters, tickling her cheek.

She whines again, and I smirk. "Ava, tell Daddy you have a full tummy and don't want to be bothered."

"Stop corrupting my daughter." he says jokingly, and his lips land on mine.

"Our daughter" I mutter.

"I love you." he says when he pulls out of the kiss.

"I love you more." I respond.

I watch as my husband makes his way around to his side of the bed. He carefully pulls back the blankets and squeezes in next to me.

The truth of the matter was that he's been attached to Ava since she was born a week and a half ago. He wanted to feed her, burp her, change her, and play with her. He was better with her then I could have ever imagined.

As soon as he gets settled in and comfortable, he reaches over and picks the baby up gently, laying her down on his own chest.

"Any problems with my son tonight?" I ask him as he stares lovingly at our daughter.

"Nope. He said tomorrow he wants mommy to tuck him in though." I smirk at the statement.

My son is and always will be a momma's boy.

"No surprise there." I wink.

I turn sideways so I can get a better look at Ava.

She was cutest and most well-behaved baby-- but I guess being her mother, I am a little bit biased.