Delivered

April 12, 1988, 4 months later

1:44 AM

Axl

Me and the guys are working on some new material at my apartment on our day off, and it's going well. 

"I like it. It's a fucking great song." I tell Izzy. Him and the guys had wrote a song by themselves, and it was pretty good. It was gonna be called Dust N' Bones. 

"I think we should practice it." I tell them, and just as we're about to light into the set, my phone rings.

No one called at this time of night.

I rush over to the kitchen and pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer, and the voice that's in my ear nearly gives me a heart attack.

"Axl? It's Ana." She says, and I'm sure my eyes pop out of my head. I look over at the guys, and they're all busy practicing the new song, that is, everyone but Duff.

I lower my voice so he can't hear. 

"Holy shit. How are you?" I ask.

"Uh-- in a lot of pain right now." she says. "I'm calling because the baby is coming, and I want you to be there."

"Right now?" I ask.

"Yes, now." she responds.

"What city are you in?" I question frantically.

"Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Pismo Beach." she says.

"That's three hours away." I say. "I'm at band practice. Did you-- you know-- want me to bring--" 

She cuts me off.

"No. Whatever you do, don't tell Duff." she shoots.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." I tell her.

"Bye, Axl." she says, and the line goes dead.

I turn back towards the guys, who are all staring at me suspiciously. They know something's going on. My face probably said it all. 

"Who was that?" Duff asks. 

He knows

"Erin. It's an emergency, I gotta go." I tell him, grabbing my car keys.

I rush outside and jump in the car before they have a chance to ask any more questions.

____________________________________________________________________________

Anastasia

I'm laying in a hospital bed with nurses and doctors surrounding me.

"You're going to feel a little pinch, then you'll go numb." one of them says.

I feel the needle stick into my back, and I nearly scream, but then the numbness takes over.

"The epidural will last for a few hours. Hopefully the baby will be born by then." the doctor smiles.

"Thank you." I smile.

I couldn't believe I was having a baby.

When I left L.A four months ago, I found myself in Pismo Beach, California. It was a quiet little beach town on the coast, a few hours from L.A.

As soon as I got here, I found a place for rent. I put down the first payment with the money I had saved from my modeling jobs, and I used the rest of the money to buy myself a car.