Cut

About a week and a half later... August 12, 1987

Axl

We leave in two days for the first leg of our tour with The Cult. Today though, we were shooting the video for 'Sweet Child O' Mine'.

"Axl?" I hear her call from just outside the door.

"Yeah, come in sweetheart." I tell her, and she pushes the door open slowly.

Erin was here because I asked her to be in the video. We decided as a group a few weeks ago that the video would be dedicated to our significant others with a main focus around the person the song was written about-- Anastasia. 

But ever since the whole thing went down, I'm not so sure it would be a good idea for her to be the focus. 

Sure, she was beautiful and crazy talented, but she wasn't mine anymore. Erin was mine, and that's why I wanted her to be the center of this video. 

Plus, Erin was a model and her dad was one of the Everly brothers. She grew up around music. 

"What time are we leaving?" she wants to know, and I glance at the clock. 

"10 minutes." I tell her, pulling her into bed with me. 

She giggles and brushes a strand of her long curly hair behind her ear. 

"Sounds good to me." she smiles and I proceed to kiss her pretty lips.

_____________________________________________

Anastasia

Duff and I spent all morning in bed, but the band had a big day today. They were going to record the music video for Sweet Child, and I was going to be the leading lady. 

I turned over in bed to see a sleeping Duff, with his blonde hair messily spread across his face. His chest rose and fell gently, and I was careful not to wake him up. It was going to be another long day. 

I got out of bed and made for the bathroom, nearly tripping over the four or five suitcases that were scattered throughout the room. We were packing to leave for Canada, and the room was absolutely trashed with everything you could imagine. I turned the hot water on and stepped inside the shower. The warm water cascaded over my skin gently and I leaned my head back carefully, soaking my blonde hair. 

Today's music video should be fun. It was supposed to be more or less unscripted-- just me, the band, and the rest of the girlfriends doing what we always do-- fucking around. 

I grab the bottle of shampoo and squeeze a little into my hand, lathering it through my long hair. I try my best to work out all the tangles and start on the rest of my body. 

I take a minute to relax, because I know there won't be much of that today.

When I'm satisfied with the progress, I run a brush through my hair and go to turn off the water.

"Wait." I hear a voice say, and in comes the sleepy head himself.

Seems like my shower is gonna last a little longer then expected. 

I wait patiently as he strips out of his clothes and climbs in to the shower with me. 

"Good morning. To both of you." I say with a chuckle, and my eyes flick downwards.

Duff doesn't say a word, because he's not a morning person-- especially when he's hungover (Which is often). It takes a while for him to get around to waking up, but that doesn't mean I'll stop picking on him.