Prologue~

Charity's P.O.V.~

When Charity was 8 years old..

    "Look at that boring girl" A boy, around my age, pointed at me as his friends surrounded me.  "She has a scary look on her face! Maybe it's because she has no friends and she's jealous!"

       "I heard that her mommy and daddy aren't together anymore." His friend chimed in. "Imagine not having both parents.. HAHAHAHAHA!"

    I frowned. I had been lonely and isolated at school since no one ever seemed to approached me after my parents divorced. There has even been a rumour going around that if you stay with me, your parents would break up too and I'm some sort of evil witch.

    "MAYBE, I WILL FOLLOW YOU AROUND JUST SO YOU CAN FEEL MY PAIN." I yelled, stepping towards them. The other boys shrieked in fear and took a step away from me. "YOU THINK I'M A WITCH? SO BE IT!"

     "Don't say that you're a witch," A boy, who was standing off side of the playground with black hair spoke up. "You don't know what she's been through! If you lost your parents, I'm sure you'd be upset as well."

    The black hair boy approached me, with his hands out in a handshake position. "My name is Aoi Sakura, let's be friends."

I hesitantly shook his hand. I never ever seen this boy in my life and he wants to be friends with a girl like me? This boy looks like he is popular..

    "My name is Charity." I replied. "It's nice to meet you."

And this was the start of our friendship.

Time Skip~
7 Years Later~

    I had developed a small crush on Aoi, although Aoi doesn't know. Okay, sue me. He's hot, cool and super smart too! Truly a living prince! I wanted to tell him for the longest time but ever since he turned 10, he started being the major heart throb of the school and it's been a pain being his best friend since his admirers would harass me.

I sighed. Maybe it was about time I confessed. If he says no to me, then I can finally give up, like the side character I am. I don't deserve to love a guy like him.

   Time Skip~

   I approached Aoi after school the following day.

   "Aoi," I called out to him as we met up in the front foyer; the place emptied from students. "I got something to tell you."

       Aoi turned his handsome godly face and glanced at my plain features.

   "Yes, Charity?" He said as he smiled.

    I felt like time has stood still as I froze and blushed. "I-I-I.." I stuttered.

   Aoi looked at me. "I?"

   "I like you!" I blurted out and immediately stared at the ground, blushing furiously.

      There was an awkward silence and when I looked up, I saw Aoi smiling sadly at me.

   "I'm sorry," he muttered, his words so quiet yet so powerfully devastating. "I don't feel the same way."

And so, my world fell apart from just six words.

----------------------------------------------

Hai~ I hope you like the prologue~ This book is dedicated to Jenny, who suffered during the first time I wrote this with me. Please vote and comment~! ^.^*