Chapter 24: History Presentation~

Charity's P.O.V.~

"Just calm down." Michael demanded as he fixed his tie. I was a mess; my head not remembering how to dance the steps the Michael taught me, my dress was crooked and worse of all, Lance decided to skip his class and brought Hansol to watch Michael and I preform our dance.

"B-But there are so many people watching u-us.." I stuttered, fidgeting with my hands.

Michael puts his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Everything will be fine. Just trust me."

  His eyes looked so confident that my worries seem to go away.

  "Alright then," I said and stopped fumbling with my fingers. Why does Michael seem so reliable today..

  "If you mess up, I'll try to help you." Michael said and grabbed one of my hands. "Let's go now."

  He drags me to the centre of the gymnasium. There were so many people on the bleachers but I can still spot Lance and Hansol, either because they were sitting in the front row or because there were lots of girls around them. As soon as they spotted Michael and I, they began to cheer really loudly.

  "Good luck!" Hansol cheered and I blushed. I wasn't that close with Hansol but he is a nice boy. He is able to serve dishes to the right people now, which I find really impressive for a person who was causing me trouble not so long ago.

  "Stop blushing.." Michael said, refocusing my attention. "Well.. Don't blush at anyone but me.."

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed, not believing my ears. Did he just say what I think he just did?

"Don't blush at anyone because you don't have time to." Michael told me, making me sigh.

"Alright then.." I said and the announcer's (our history teacher on the PA system) voice blasted out. "Next, we have Michael and Charity."

  Everyone started to clap and cheer and Michael led me to the middle of the gym.

   "Just stay calm," Michael said, in a soft and quiet tone. "We can do this."

   Michael and I spun around the gym's floor easily, although, I kept reminding myself that I shouldn't step on Michael FOR now.

It was at the last thirty seconds when I missed up. I accidentally tripped over Michael's shoes and fell on the ground. Ow.. This is why I shouldn't wear high heels..

"Are you alright, Charity?" Michael asked and held out his hand to help me up. I accepted his hand but grimaced in pain when I tried to stand up.

"I don't think I can move.." I said as the crowd began to relentlessly stir from this commotion.

"Can I take over for Charity?" Lance's voice seemed to fill the gym, making everyone shush. "I don't think Charity can preform and she already did a good job so far however, the song just has a few more seconds to go."

Our social studies teacher tilted his head. "Hmm.. I guess because I've already marked the rest of the students and we have some extra time before the block ends.."

   Lance nods and picked me up easily.  He carries me to a bench. "Rest for now and take it easy on the leg, my kitten. I don't want to see you even more hurt." He whispers in my ear.

   "We will now continue, with Lance replacing Charity." The announcer said and the music began to play again once more.

   Lance hurries to a confused Michael.

  "Do you even know how the moves go?" Michael asks and Lance shrugs.

  "I've been taking ballroom dancing classes since I was seven so I can make up a dance routine pretty well, as long as I do the male part." Lance said and puts his hands on Michael's waist, making Michael shift uncomfortably.

    Lance and Michael were actually really good together, like perfect. Lance was a great dancer, he knew how to spin someone around, do the foxtrot and even can dip his partner.

   By the end of the performance, everyone on the bleachers, as well as the teacher, were on their feet, clapping for them.

    "You did so well!" I exclaimed as they made their way over to my bench.

"It was easy with a good partner." Michael said and shrugged. I sighed. Well then.. I'm SO sorry then..

   "Alright so, we actually have a tie for first place.." The announcer announced.

   "In first place, we have Lance Asahina with Michael Erics and Nathaniel Chan with Artla Wryne." He announced and Lance began to protest, along with many of my classmates.

"I'm not part of this class, so I'll give my place to Charity, who was the original partner of Michael." He told the announcer.

The announcer shrugged. "To be honest," he said. "I didn't expect there to be a tie so the prize will not be given out to anyone."

Did he just say what I think he just said..

"Oh.. That's nice.." Michael said, with his mouth pressed in a stern line. "Thank you very much.."

He stared so hard at the teacher, I was scared that the teacher would melt away like the Wicked Witch of the West.

"Can you take me to the infirmary, Michael?" I asked him, successfully taking his attention away from the teacher. "I want to get my leg checked."

"Oh, sure." He said, turning around, and kneeled on the ground. "Get on my back."

I put my hands around his neck and he pulls me up.

"Am I too heavy?" I asked him, who shrugs.

"You're lighter than Liza." He replied and continue to carry me to the infirmary. Lance and Hansol, who had appeared after the event ended, silently follow behind him.

Michael opens the door to the infirmary and drops me off at the bed.

"Alright, let me see your leg." He demands and shoved me over.

"Oh.. It's swollen.." He said. "Well.. I guess you sprained your leg.."

I laid there, staring at the roof, as Michael wraps a long bandaid around my foot.

"Don't be too hard on yourself." He said and I sit up slowly. "If you need anything, just tell me or one of our co-workers. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you."

"Thanks, Michael." I smiled at him, causing him to turn away.

"Alright, I'm late for my next class so I'll be taking my leave now." Michael said and left the room, leaving me with Lance and Hansol, who were both being quiet the whole time.

"I think that Michael likes y-" Hansol began to say and Lance quickly covers his mouth with his hand.

"What was that, Hansol?" I asked.

"Nothing.." Lance said and grabs Hansol's arm. "He just said that he will be mad if we are late for class.."

Hansol gave Lance a confused look as Lance dragged him out of the infirmary.

----------------------------------------------

I'm so tired from summer school and certain people.. Well, not you guys-

Anyways, please vote and comment~!^.^*