Chapter 37: Cause of Nervousness

Charity's P.O.V.~

  "So who's this new guy you're eating lunch with?" Aoi asks me, his eyes full of suspicion.

  "You mean Tyler?" I asked, sitting down on a spare chair in the lounge room at Bon Nuit. "What about him?"

"Are you friends with him or something?" He asked, his arms crossed over his chest. "There is no way you can possibly be friends that fast."

I shrugged. "I mean, I understand that we can't be super nice and all get along like we did in elementary school but I consider people who hang with me, my friend."

"Am I just 'your friend' then?" Aoi demanded.

"Well.." I didn't want to answer him so I looked down at my phone and luckily, my shift was about to start. I jumped up onto my feet, sort of startling him. "I have to go now since my shift is starting."

"That could wait," Aoi said, slamming me against the wall as his right hand blocked me from exiting the door. "I need you to answer me right now."

"Or..," He brings his lips super close to my ear so that I could feel him breathe. "You'll get a punishment."

My heart seemed to stop for a second and I flinched, causing his lips to brush against my cheek.

"Oh..?" Aoi smirks. "I see you want the punishment anyways."

"P-Please l-leave me a-alone.." I stammered out, my cheeks reddening a bit.

"Or what?" Aoi asked, cocking his head rather sexily to the side. He licks his lips. "You know I want you.."

He slowly brushes some strands of hair away from my eyes and stares at me, his eyes shifting from suspicion to lust.

"CHARITY!" Hansol's voice seem to snap us both out of this trance and Aoi turns toward Hansol, clearly irritated by his interference.

"What do you want?" He snaps; Hansol completely oblivious to the tone.

"Hunter told me to tell you to get in the kitchen," He said, "Or I'll get in there.. But I don't see why I shouldn't be in there?"

I look at him with startled eyes and nodded along before quickly exiting the room.

  Aoi's P.O.V.~

  "Damn it.," I swore under my breath. "Not this again.."

  My head began to hurt a hell ton as the other voice in my head began to talk to me again.

   "We both know you like her," my own voice spoked back to me. "Just stop being a wimp and go claim her as yours."

   I punched the wall, and sudden pain on my fist became relevant to me.

  "I'm not like you," I swore with uneven breaths. "I swore that I won't be you again after that day."

Charity's P.O.V.~

  "Is there something wrong with me working in the kitchen?" Hansol asked me, clearly confused of his destructive power with an oven.

   I tried to find a way to tell him without hurting his feelings.

  "I think.." I said after a bit. "That the customers think that you're their favourite waiter? That's right! You are their favourite waiter!"

  Even my words just sounds like an excuse to my own ears, but Hansol, being that one rare unsuspecting little boy seemed to believe me.

  "Oh!" He exclaimed happily, nodding along like he understood everything perfectly. "Really? That makes sense."

  Bless this innocent soul..

  "Hansol! Get your butt out here already!" Hunter called out, seeming somewhat angry and Hansol shivered in fear.

  "I'm sorry!" He yelled quickly running out of the kitchen. Now, I was somewhat alone with the Chef, who never really seems to talk to me but he seems nice enough.

"Do you want me to do anything?" I asked him and the chef points to this huge mountain of unwashed dishes. "Oh."

I grabbed the spare pair of gloves and began to tackle the mountain, carefully making sure that it wouldn't fall and taking out dishes from it slowly.

"You need help?" Michael's voice spoke softly beside me, causing me to jump a bit.

"O-oh!" I exclaimed, startled by his appearance. "I-If you want to help me?"

"That question only required a yes or no and you still fail to make your own decisions." He sighs at me.

"T-Then y-yes..?" I replied, unsure of what outcome would happen. Michael sighs once more and ushers me to move aside so he could work next to me.

"You wash and I rinse." He ordered and I nodded along.

There was an awkward silence as we worked along. I didn't really know what to talk about to him and he seemed really into rinsing dishes.

"Um.. So.." I tried to start a conversation with him. "How is Liza and Livi?"

  "They're fine." Michael replied. "Liza seemed to somehow get a good mark on her film by improvising a new idea and Livi is having fun at school."

  "That's nice." I said. I racked my brain for more topics. "Are you taking Livi trick-or-treating this year?"

  "Probably," Michael sighs and he rinses the final dish. "Apparently, he's dressing up as a Pikachu because that's the 'in thing' at the moment."

  "Are you going to dress up?" I asked. "I'm probably going to make a last minute costume."

  He shrugged and puts the dish on the dish dryer. "Who knows.?"

  Our conversation fell short as Michael looks at the clock and begins to wipe his hands dry. "It looks like my shift is up."

  I nodded and waved at him. "Thanks for your help."

  "No problem," He replied and left the door; however, he came back in a second later. "Wait, can I talk to you for a bit?"

"You can text me after work," I said. "I get off around eight tonight."

  "Alright, I'll talk to you then."

  Time Skip~
After work and at home~

  Me: Sorry about that..

Michael: It's fine. This'll only take a minute or two to talk about anyways.

Me:  What is it?

Michael: I heard from Cody about your secret and I just wanted to tell you that no matter who you are, you'll always be my friend-

  Me: OH YOU'RE SO SWEET TO SAY THAT

Michael: And now I regret saying that..

Me: Oh, don't be such a tsundere~

Michael: **Sighs..** I have to go now to make sure Livi is sleeping. Have a good night and sweet dreams.

  Me: You too~ :)

----------------------------------------------

**Updates two chapters rather close to each other** :)

I some reasoned applied myself for a robotics club without knowing how to code properly..

  Anyways, I hope you like this chapter~ Please vote and comment~ Steffan Out~^.^*