Chapter 41: Winter Formal, Part 2

Charity's P.O.V.~

"Is there anything that special about choosing an outfit for this dumb dance?" I asked Liza, who stared at me like I was a failure in life. She had invited me to Michael's house to discuss about it for some odd reason.

"Are you kidding me?" She screeches, throwing her arms on me to shake me. "This is one of the most important events of your freaking life! Of course your outfit would matter!"

"Ah- I'm sorry.." I replied, since I felt bad about how I didn't realize how much she seemed to care about this event.

"You should be sorry." She humphed and crossed her arms. "I have taken the liberty of choosing your outfit so you won't be a failure."

"Oh?" I asked. "Am I that bad..?"

"Of course you are." She said, looking rather disappointed in me. "Why would I be helping you if you aren't?"

"And I heard from my hopeless brother that you're gonna two time him with some other guy, but you don't have to worry about the dress!" She smiles crazily. "I chose a completely neutral dress so that it won't clash with anything they wear."

"That seems nice.." I backed away from Liza, kind of scared of what she has in store for me.

"And I also took the liberty of choosing my brother's outfit, so don't worry about him looking like a normie." She exclaims and begins to dig through her closet. "Y'all should learn how to style yourself!"

  It took her maybe thirty seconds to finally finish rummaging through her closet then pulling out a pretty light blue/white dress with glass slippers like Cinderella.

  "Put these on." She demanded, obviously not taking no for an answer. Liza shoves the outfit and shoes into my hands and directed me to the washroom, pushing me forcibly into it.

  I sighed and looked at the outfit she picked out once again for me. Will it even suit me..?

Time Skip~

  "What's taking you so long?" Liza asked, impatiently. "You've been in there forever!"

  "Well, sorry!" I said, sarcastically. "It's not my fault you gave me such a complicated dress to try on."

  "Suuuureee.." Liza stretched out the word. "It was just one zipper on the back to pull up."

"And that dress does look decent on you." She said, walking around me to see how it looks like from all angles.

  The dress that she chose for me was a white and light blue knee length dress, with small sky blue ribbons adorning the bottom of the dress as well as small frills. I had a small fur jacket to cover me so I wouldn't be cold.

  "Your hair style just needs to be styled now." Liza pulls out some hair styling tools out of one of her many shelves. "If you don't want to die, then don't move."

  "What do you mean by die.?" I questioned her and received a blank stare.

  "I mean if you want me to burn you in various places then I guess you can move." Liza sighed and plugged in the curling iron. "It's really your choice."

  She made me sit down on her bed and commences to curl my somewhat straight hair.

  "Is there a reason why you're going with two guys to the dance?" She asked me, while I fidget with my hands.

  "I didn't really have a choice.." I replied. "It was like they made a decision on their own and I didn't want to stop them since they seemed so competitive on it."

  "That's such a playgirl thing for you to do." Liza said. "You're playing with all of their feelings, and not even consider how they would feel."

  "W-Well.." I was going to argue back with her but realized that she was right. I'm being a terrible person for playing with so many people's emotions.

  "Don't you feel something more for at least one of them?" Liza asked, quietly for once. "Do you even like them that way?"

  "It's.. complicated." I said. "I don't know how I feel.. sometimes, my heart beats faster when I'm with one of them but it happens with every single one of them.."

  "Lots of girls would die to be in your position, yet, you seem like you somewhat dislike it." Liza said. "I'm done with your hair, by the way."

  She holds up a hand mirror so I could see how my hair looks like. My hair was curled at the ends and was put into a small braid that hanged over my shoulder.

"On the day of the dance, I'll add small snowflake decorations on you." Liza added. "You'll look great so don't worry too much."

  "But, you should really make up your mind about what guy you want to go out with soon."

————————————————————

  This was sorta a filler chapter but it was needed for the plot-

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this trash chapter~ Please vote and comment and I hope to see you in my next chapter~!