Chapter 35: The Past

-Warning, angst ahead and abuse- Just don't read it if you don't want to-

Narrator's P.O.V.~

  Charity and Cody decided to sit on her front porch.

   "So," Charity began. "My mom first met my 'dad' when she was shopping and got pick pocketed by someone."

  "Why does that seem strangely clichè?" Cody wondered out loud and Charity shrugged.

  "My 'dad', was working in the store where she got pick pocketed and beat up the criminal." She kept going. "Of course, if you beat someone up while working, you'd obviously would get fired, which he did."

   "However, my mom found that charming about him that he beat someone up just for her, although in my opinion, he just wanted to fight someone." Charity shrugged. "So she fell in love with him from just this small act."

  "My mom didn't want a child at the age of nineteen, however, my 'father' forced himself on her." She said darkly, and Cody gasped in shock. "He forced upon a child to her, which is how I was born."

  "Are you upset that you were born?" Cody asked her and Charity looked at him.

  "Sometimes, I am." She confessed. "I do feel super bad about being born from that terrible act that he did. My mom suffered by herself to raise me while my father would go off drinking."

  "But that's just one thing he did to us," Charity said in a grim tone. "He would come back drunk as hell and would beat up my mother, sometimes to near death. Honestly, it's a miracle that I came out alive.."

  Cody stroked her hand. "I'm happy that you're here as well. Your mother is a strong woman."

   "That's not all though," Charity said. "He lied to my mother about his family."

   "What about it?" Cody asked.

   Charity looked around to see if anyone was there. "He was the sole heir to a small country."

   "WHAT?!" Cody exclaimed loudly, then clamped his hands over his mouth after he realized how loud he was.

   "He was sent here on a mission from his parents," Charity said. "To find a suitable wife to bare a child to succeed the throne after him."

  "So..." Cody looks at me. "You're actually a princess...?!"

  Charity nodded slowly. "Although, I wish I wasn't."

  "Why aren't you living with him then?" Cody asked. "You could be living in a place much bigger and nicer than your current house."

  "I don't want to live with him," Charity said, tears starting to form in her eyes. "Even after I was born, he still abused my mother and even starting to have a thing with a new woman."

  "He would also abuse me when he got back home for his own amusement," She grimaced at the memory. "But, it was never as bad as my mother."

  "That seems like a very complicated story you got there.." Cody commented and held his head, probably from confusion. "Do you have any idea of what he wants from you?"

She shrugged, tears falling down her eyes. "He probably wants me to come with him to the kingdom so learn how to succeed and do proper etiquette."

  "Oh.." Cody, looked away sadly. "That sounds terrible.."

  "Yeah.." She said, looking at the clear blue sky. "I don't really have a choice but to follow my destiny.."

  "No," Cody stood and and looked down at me. "You can change your destiny. You can make your own choices and live how you want to live."

"But-" Charity was going to interrupt Cody but Cody shushed her by smashing his lips onto hers. It was just a small and light kiss, which he pulled away quickly.

  "You can be whoever you want to be." Cody said, looking serious. "No one can tell you what you can do or can't. It's your life to live, not theirs."

   Charity blushed at his actions. "B-But, there is no h-heir to the throne then."

  Cody smiled. "If you marry me, I'll help you with the throne and you can do whatever you want~!"

  "C-Cody!" Charity exclaimed, scooting back away from him. "A-Are you okay.?!"

  Cody blinks. "What do you mean..?"

  "Aren't you usually.." Charity makes a hand gesture, trying to say that he was more kind and cute than this.

  "Oh.." Cody looks down at his feet. "I don't really know how to act in front of you, honestly. I watched anime and usually, the female girl usually likes a cute and innocent boy."

  "So you were acting the whole time?" Charity asked and Cody shook his head.

"I won't say I was acting all the time.." Cody said. "It's just that you won't see things I don't want you to see."

  "I think you'll be perfect in any way," Charity said. "You don't have to be fake for people to like you. If you are only being fake for them to like you, I see no point of pleasing others then."

  Cody smiles at her. "And here, I thought I was here just to listen to your story and cheer you up."

"I guess we both needed it," Charity said, wiping the last of her tears away.

  "So, does anyone else know about this?" Cody asked and Charity nodded.

  "Aoi obviously does." She said. "And I don't mind telling the rest of our friends because I want to believe hat I could trust them."

  "I can tell them," Cody said. "They are still worried about you so they would want to hear about what happened anyways."

  She nodded and got up to go inside my house. "Thanks, Cody. You really are the best."

   Cody smiles back at her. "I'm here for you anytime you need me so just call me and I'll be here for you."

----------------------------------------------

  I have been productive and have published another bad chapter- Woohoo~!

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment~ Steffan Out~^.^*