Chapter 40: Winter Formal, Part 1

Charity's P.O.V.~

"Winter formal..?" I repeated Cody's words, trying to process it in. "Do you mean that one boring event where everyone gets together to 'dance' and 'have fun' even when they want to die in the inside?"

Lunch time had pretty much just started and everyone except Hunter was sitting at a table in the lunchroom.

  "It's not that bad!" He insisted, pouting a bit. "You would have fun if you put your mind to it."

  "And listen to trashy music that I never listen to and get trampled by edgy dancers? Hell no." I went back to eating my lunch while Cody sighed.

  "You should go though." Lance agreed with Cody, looking up from his phone. "You only go to highschool once in your life, so you can never relive the experience ever again."

   "It costs too much though.." I complained, putting my utensils away in my lunch bag.

   "It's free.." Lance trailed off, probably thinking that I lost my mind or I'm just crazy in general.

  "Too much effort to go." I made another excuse. "Plus, I have no one to go with."

   "You can always go with me~" Lance wagged his eyebrows up and down. "I always wouldn't mind another pretty girl to join me~"

  "I'm not interested in joining your harem." I scoffed and Lance acted like he had been shot in the chest.

  "I'm deeply hurt to hear you say that.." He said, clutching his heart. "I'll be sure to try to change your mind."

"I think that she's rather go with me." Aoi steps in. "She knows me the best and she knows I won't do anything bad to her."

"You rejected her," Cody comments out loud, earning a glare from Aoi. "I think she'd be better with me cause we get along just fine and I'll make sure that she would have a great time there~!"

"I mean," Hunter jumps into the conversation, as he sat down at our table in the cafeteria. "It's really her choice of who she wants to go with, she could always go with all of us."

"What's the fun with that?" Aoi asked. "It's better to just spend that night with your date to the dance."

"Are you indicating something else?" Michael quietly asked, closing his container with his lunch, his eyes glaring at Hunter.

"Wha- Me?" Hunter points to himself. "Of course not! Who do you take me for?"

"A pervert." Michael bluntly stated and I laughed at their silly conversation.

"So who do you want to go with you?" Hansol asked me, staring into my eyes.

I thought for a second than sighed. "I don't really know.."

"How about one of us?" He asked excitedly. "You can go search up who you're most compatible with on a love calculator online!"

"Love calculator?" I asked incredulously. "Those things are fake and everyone knows that."

"No, they aren't!" Cody exclaimed. "They gave me a great percentage with my favourite anime girl!"

"Are you guys even okay with this?" I asked the others who either just shrug or nod.

   "Let's see what the god of love has in his plans!" Cody exclaimed and opened the love calculator website on his phone. Everyone eagerly gathers around him.

  "Let's try me first." He said, typing in his name then mine. His face seemed pretty happy with whatever number that showed up.

  "Seventy nine percent!" He said and I looked at the boring ceiling tiles on top of us. Is he really happy with just that..? Wait.. what?

  "Me next! Me next!" Hansol insisted and Cody gave into his demands. "Eighty percent.."

  "No fair! He one upped me!" Cody cried and Hansol was smiling like a maniac he was.

  "How about me?" Aoi asked and Cody typed in his name. "It said name not found."

  "That's unfair.." Aoi grumbled. "Does this count for me.?"

  "Of course." Lance said, and smirked. "I'm obviously going to get a hundred with her."

  "Actually, you got a sixteen." Cody said and Lance seemed to have trouble sitting on his seat.

  "That's impossible!" He cried. "I always thought we were destined!"

"Destined my a-" Hunter was going to make a rude comment then Cody announced the next result. "Hunter, sixty one percent."

  "Michael and Tyler are actually tied, both with the result of ninety-nine percent.." Cody added in, grimly.

  "Oh, I don't want to be part of this-" Tyler started and Cody glared at him.

  "You're now part of our group, so of course you'd be part of this." He humphed, and crossed his hands over his chest.

  "I mean, he does have a choice to refuse.." I added in. "He is his own person so he should hand his own choices of what he wants to do."

"I guess I get Charity all by myself then?" Michael said with a shrug, seeming like he doesn't care (which he probably didn't).

  "No!" Hunter exclaimed. "Tyler totally wants to go with her too!"

"Wait- I do?!" Tyler exclaimed and Hunter nodded frantically.

  "Of course you do!" He said. "Why wouldn't you want to go with her?"

  "Wel-" Tyler started but was cut off by Cody this time.

   "I guess they're both going with her then." He stared at Cody, asking him to refuse his decision.

  Why are they bullying Tyler so much..?

——————————————————

   Sorry for another trashy chapter—

But anyways, I still hope you enjoyed it. Please vote and comment anyways~ And I hope to see you in the next chapter~