Chapter 10: Taking a Sick Day

Charity's P.O.V.~

"Charity?" I hear a voice as I started to come back to my senses. It seems that I had passed out.

  "Nn..." I muttered as I see a boy in front of me.

"Charity? Are you okay?" The boy asks worriedly and I blinked, still distorted from sleep.

I finally made out his face. "A-Aoi?"

Aoi nodded.

  "I heard that you're sick and your mother was unavailable at the time." He said. "Please rest for now."

   "What time is it?" I asked. Wait a second, didn't my mom answer the phone..? She must be too lazy to come here herself to pick me up..

"It's almost 3.." Aoi replied. I started to get up, only to find Aoi pushing back on the bed.

  "Rest.." He said. "I'll tell my dad to drive you home."

"Actually.." I said. "I have work today." Aoi's eyes widen with shock.

"Since when did you start to work?" He asked me. "You didn't tell me?"

"Ever since my mom decides that I needed one." I tried once again to get out of bed and successfully did it. I got off the bed and stumbled a bit. Aoi helped me steady myself. "You didn't need to know.."

"Just take a day off." Aoi demanded. "What's the place that you work at called?"

"It's Bon Nuit.." I said, looking everywhere but him. I know it'll be awkward to tell him I was working st his father's restaurant. I unsuccessfully managed to avoid looking at him. I could see in the corner of my eye that Aoi did a double take.

"Bon Nuit? As in my dad's restaurant?" He asked, looking a little confused. I nodded. "But I never saw you work there before."

"That's because I just started to work there. I only started a few days ago." I said.

Aoi nodded, like it all made sense to him now and dials his father.

"Hello? Dad? " Aoi said. "Charity isn't feeling that well so she can't go to work today. Mhmm.. Okay.. Bye.."

I looked at him. "My dad said you should go rest for today." Aoi said. I nodded. "Go back to sleep now then.." He said.

I obliged and he helped me back on to the bed. I felt like a little kid when he helped pull the blankets on me.

   "Go to sleep." He murmured softly, just like he did before I confessed to him and like always, I did.

----------------------------------------------

    Please vote and comment~!^.^*