Chapter 39: Getting Kicked Out of the Swimming Pool

I absolutely love when wattpad gives me advertisements for reading my own book LOL

——————————————————

Charity's P.O.V.~

The tunnel was dark and long, making it feel like an eternity to get out of it. The fact that there was some unknown male behind me didn't help as well.

"Y'know, it would be very comforting if you can tell me your name or who you are since I'm sorta scared that you're a creepy pedophile who came up behind me when I was about to go down the slide.." I complained to the person behind me, not scared of offending them even if it's probably not true.

  "You think such a pedophile has such a muscular chest?!" Scoffed Hunter's voice. "Why would they?"

  "They obviously have to be in shape to run away from the police." I replied.

  "I'm not even considered a pedophile since we're the same age.." said Hunter, in a somewhat satisfied tone like he won some argument.

"You're eighteen right now." I said, "Be careful!"

"Are you saying that you lowkey like me since you basically said you want me to do you in the future by stating that?" Hunter's cocky tone said, and I could definitely tell that he was smirking. "We are the same age.. We can do it now if you want."

"I-I'm not suggesting anything," I said, watching the tunnel finally end and light finally coming back into my vision. "You're just thinking about it too much."

  "You're such a tsundere~" Hunter whispers in my ear. "But I love that about you~"

  "STOP!" I screamed at him and was going to clobber him until we both fell into the smaller pool in the end of the slide.

  "Did you guys have fun on the water slide?" Tyler asked, probably waiting at the water slide for us to come down.

  "It was great until I got harassed by Hunter who came up behind me in the beginning of the slide without me knowing!" I complained and Hunter laughs.

  "She said that she wants to marry me~!" He teased me and I gave him a death glare.

  "He just lost a few braincells when he fell in the pool," I said, slowly.

  "I so did not lose any-" Hunter was going to complain, however, we both forgot that we were in the area where the next slider would come down so he got hit by whoever came down.

  "YOU GOT IN MY WAY!" Cody exclaimed, popping out of the water, clutching his head. "I would've got a great splash if it wasn't for you!"

"You really are childish enough to get mad at this!" Hunter counters, bringing up the silly argument from earlier. "It's just one small thing! You can do it again!"

  "Y'all better stop fighting or I'm kicking you guys out of the pool." The lifeguard warns them and both boys glared at him.

   "I'm sorry for their behaviours." I said, "They're basically seven year old boys in teenager bodies."

  "It's fine, but just make sure that they don't cause a commotion again." The lifeguard gave a dead look at them and walked away.

  "I'm pretty sure the lifeguard is done with us." Tyler noted and I nodded.

   "Who wouldn't be?" I said and faced the two silent boys.

    "You both better not be mad at each other or we're going to leave." I gave them a cold look and they shivered.