Chapter 36: The Aftermath

When you know you're a terrible author when you forget what chapter you're writing and have to look back at what number you left off of---

----------------------------------------------

Charity's P.O.V.~

Maybe telling Cody was not the best move because the next day when I got back to school during break time, Cody came running towards me and slammed into me, engulfing me with a big hug.

"Waah!" I yelled as the force of him slammed into me and propelled me backwards, causing me to land on the cold floor.

"Hey Cody," A deadly tone spoke loudly. "I'll give you around three seconds before I drag you to somewhere worse than hell."

I looked passed Cody's shoulder to see Hunter crushing a poor voodoo doll that looked awfully familiar. Cody shivered, and tried to stand up, but being the klutz he is, he fell back down, with his face on my shoulder.

"Oh my!" A somewhat amused Lance appeared from the behind, along side an annoyed looking Michael. "What's with this sudden move that Cody used? Did he finally grow out of his dark phase of watching hentai in the dark and attempting it in real life?"

I choked at those words with laughter and Cody's face instantly turned red with embarrassment.

"N-No!!" Cody yelled and literally jumped off of me. "Not at all!"

  "I swear," Michael sighs at the sight of us and rubs his forehead. "You guys are gonna give me a brain problem one day."

  Lance offers me a hand and I gladly accepted it as he hoisted me to my feet.

  "Thank you," I said and he winked at me.

  "Anything for you, 'princess'." Lance winks and I choke back a cough.

   "You make me want to gag on my own spit," Hunter comments my exact thoughts out loud.

  "Go for it," Lance said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Less competition for this beautiful lady~"

  "On that thought, never mind." He replied, shoving that poor voodoo doll and hands into his black leather jacket.

  "So who do you have next block?" Cody ask, the pink on his cheeks slowly fading away.

"Math..?" I questioned out loud.

"You still haven't memorized your schedule..?" Michael asked with surprise.

"Well..," I said, rubbing the back of my head. "I don't really pay attention of what classroom I enter but I just know that I'm in the right classroom when I get in. I usually have to ask people to help me find my classroom."

"Who's in your math class then?" He pressed on. "You have to know at least one person in your class."

"We don't have math next block," Aoi, who seems to appear from no where joins our conversation. "I believe you have gym next block."

"It's a good thing you're dressed for it as well," Aoi noted out loud, looking at me from head to toe. "Otherwise, you'd lose some marks for having improper gym strip."

"Do any of you have gym next..?" I asked and they all shook their heads.

"I'm sure you can find someone to hang out with," Cody said, with a small smile and I nod along, trying to believe his words. "You're great at making friends."

Time Skip~
Gym Class~

Sadly, I did not know anyone in my gym class. I mean, some people do look familiar but they seem to have their own group of friends so it'll be awkward if I tried to talk with them.

"We are starting our badminton unit," the teacher announced. "All of you go find a partner because we're gonna start off with a doubles tournament."

Everyone ran off to find a partner and I sighed, looking at the floor. I wasn't particularly good at this sport, which made me a bad choice in the beginning. I'll probably just wait for the teacher to find the other lonely person and I'll pair off of them the-

"Umm.. Excuse me..?" A quiet voice spoke, pulling on my sleeve.

My eyes shot up with surprise as I turned to face a quiet looking boy. He was pretty looking enough, but compared to my friends, he looked average. Almost as average as I look in a way..

  "Do you have a partner?" He asked me, with this nervous look in his eyes.

  I shook my head, surprised in general that someone like him would ask a person like me such a question.

  "Do you want to be partners then..?" He asked, and I stumbled to speak out.

  "Y-Yeah.." I said, nodding along. "I'm sorry to ask, but what's your name..?"

  "I can't believe you don't remember my name," the boy sighed sadly. "But I don't blame you either.. My name is Tyler."

  "Oh! I'm so sorry.." I exclaimed and offered my hand to him. "My name is Charity, it's a pleasure to meet you, Tyler!"

  He shook my hand and nodded along. "You too."

  We stood in that position for a while, not really sure what should we do next.

  "Are you both going to keep holding hands?" The gym teacher's voice echoes through the gym. "I swear to god, you teenagers.."

  I quickly released my hand from his and gave him an awkward smile. "Let's get our rackets?"

  Tyler nod, some strands of his soft brown hair falling over his eyes. "Y-Yeah..!"

    Time skip till the end of gym because why not?

  Tyler was actually a decent player. He doesn't seem like the type to stand out but he was great at returning the birdies to the other side of the court. Me, on the other hand, had problems trying to remember which side of the court I served to. The gym class ended faster than I expected it to.

  "Good game!" Tyler said, facing his palm of his hand towards me for a high five.

  "It's more like you carried me, but you too!" I said sheepishly, highfiving him.

  "Not at all," He replied. "You're pretty good at it yourself. You just need some self confidence."

   The lunch bell rang, indicating it that it was the end of second block.

  "I'll see you around," Tyler said, as he grabbed his backpack. "It really was nice meeting you."

  I was sort of sad to see my new friend leave.

  "Are you eating alone?" I asked and Tyler nodded. "Do you want to join me and my friends?"

  "S-Sure!" He said, looking sort of flustered. "I'd love to.."

And that marked the start to our friendship.

----------------------------------------------

  Who is this Tyler 0.O

  He might or might not be a love interest- Heheh-- **gags on spit**

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter~ Please vote and comment~ Steffan Out~^.^*