Loved Again

Requested by: MichaelaTheWordsmith
OC: Allysa Michaela Schreave

Of what heard of the uprising revolution, people knew lots. People were constantly chattering about it, but they were careful with their words since redcoats still swarmed the cities. Anyone could be a spy. As the uprising began, there was a sense of lost trust slowly forming.

After arriving in America, linked to Marquis de Lafayette, a young woman by the name of Allysa tried to make sense of it all. She was personally intrigued by the reactions of people, the sounds of drumming, and the city itself.

Much to her pleasure of finally being in a land where the pride stretched far and wide, she somehow ended up on the side of things one normally wasn't applied to. To be a woman in the revolution, duties were simple and nothing that was equal to men.

Allysa found herself in the middle of the political mess going on behind the scenes. The men were frantic, making plans, trying to comprehend the thousands of letters. When she suggested something, they all looked at Lafayette, as if asking why she was there.

But he defended her quickly and that was the end of the discussion.

After various debates, Allysa often talked to the gentlemen involved. Each of them greeted her with respect, occasionally flirting. There was one man who stood out to her. For many meetings he didn't approach her, standing in the shadows.

That all changed one particular day. "I don't believe we've met. Aaron Burr." He stuck out his hand out, with a patient smile. Raising an eyebrow, surprised he finally made a move, she shook his hand back.

"Allysa Schreave." She gulped before saying to him, "Do you think it's improper of me to ask to fight for the country? Apparently it's an unladylike manner."

He was taken aback at her question, most women tended to flirt with him. However, she seemed quite serious with her words. Aaron's mind went black and he hurried to think of an answer. "I wouldn't picture a woman on the battlefield, more likely-"

Allysa tilted her head. "You were saying, sir?"

Although he knew what he wanted to say, he stopped. If he went any further, there was a chance he might get a harsh reward. "Nothing, miss."

She nodded, satisfied with his answer. "I will have a discussion with the General tomorrow as soon as possible. Maybe he'll see through all my ladylike qualities and put me on the field."

Aaron opened his mouth but stopped. How could such a lovely woman wish to risk her life? It didn't make sense to him. Allysa seemed so curious in her surroundings, but too delicate to behind a cannon.

"Well, I hope to hear of your success." As he went to tell her something, a few men shouted at him to join them at a local bar. Sighing, he made up his mind to join them. "I should be going, it's getting-"

Allysa abruptly said, "Right, of course. Have a good night, sir." She nodded her head politely and went towards the door.

"Will we see each other again? I want to hear how it goes with the General." He held out his hand desperately. No matter how much his friends were probably laughing at his stuttering, he didn't care. The woman in front of him was one he dared not lose sight of.

Taking a step towards him, Allysa murmured back, "Tomorrow at noon. You'll be here, if I am correct?" Their hands touched, a gesture neither of them confessed to starting.

Aaron nodded. "Yes. Until then, miss." And the two of them parted ways, only for a few hours at the most.

However, as he waited patiently for her the following day, the man only grew more anxious by the minute. What if she never showed? A few passerby chuckled at him, all alone on the sidewalk. Time passed and he only hoped she hadn't forgotten their meeting.