Love Her (2)

Requested by: caitlinwheeler_, hammiefangirl, SidLuvsWriting, nope425, 4snowy_owl4

Theodosia was running. She didn't know where she was heading, but all her mind was set on was getting as far away from her friend's house as possible. After hearing him confess that he loved her, her heart had flipped and her feet had begun moving.

They had been friends for so long. Their fathers had not been so thrilled at the fact they had gotten that far in a relationship. What would they think now? Everything they had could just as easily go down the drain.

The one place she had been wishing to end up was soon in her vision. Theodosia let out a long sigh of relief, holding the ends of her skirts as she reached the door of her house. She only had to knock once, before the door was open.

Standing in the doorway was her father. He already knew what happened by seeing her teary eyed expression. Arms wrapping around her, he pulled her into the safety and comfort of their home, hushing her oncoming sobs.

Meanwhile, back at Philip's house, there was a flurry of panic. After she had run off, he had locked himself in his room. Even when his siblings and parents begged for him to come out, he refused. He couldn't face any of them.

Especially his father. If there was one person who would rip his feelings for Theodosia apart, it was his father. Alexander would give no sympathy for the feelings he felt. Philip would have to sit and watch his love become nothing but something he once held close to his heart.

His thoughts were interrupted by a banging at his door. "Open this door! You can't just hide from your troubles, son." Philip let out a low groan before getting to his feet and opening the door just a crack.

Alexander expected it to be opened all the way for him. His body slammed against the frame and he grimaced. But he didn't question his son any further. Glaring at him through the crack, he muttered, "Listen-"

"I know you don't support my love for her, father. If mother tried to force you to speak only lies to make me feel comforted, then please leave me be. I love her. That scares you, doesn't it, father?" The door between them seemed to become thinner at the dangerous leap in his words.

Alexander slammed a hand against the door frame. "No, it doesn't. The one thing that scares me most is how young you are. You don't know what love is yet. The world is-"

"Don't try to tell me I'm too young to have feelings for someone. You're just using that to steer me away from her, to make me forget her because of her father. He may be your worst politic enemy, but he's not the man you always make him out to be." Philip took a deep breath before attempting to shut the door.

His father was quicker. He slid his hand in between the crack. "Philip, you need to listen to me. I don't want you getting hurt. I-"

Yet again he faced the feeling of being cut off by his son. Alexander gaped at the nineteen year old in the door frame before him.

"I don't need to listen to anyone! Ever since I was a child, you always forced what was right upon me. I was brainwashed by your politics and pathetic lessons. I looked up to you. That was until you went and cheated on mother. In that time, I learned who you really were."

He sucked in a breath before muttering, "A pathetic bastard."

Alexander roared, "Open this door! Now!" His eyes were filled with both fire and tears. After hearing his own son curse against him, all he felt was regret and anger.

Philip pressed his back against the door. His feet slipped on the wooden planks beneath him, as he tried to force his father out. He knew what would happen if he got in. And he wasn't up for any lectures or torture today.

From outside the door, he heard a sudden shouting. "Alexander!" Philip sunk to the ground against his door. His mother.

Eliza began shouting, not letting her husband speak. "He's your son! Show him some respect, dear! If he wishes to be alone, then we give him that privacy." She grunted, pulling on his arm forcefully. Philip shut his eyes and began to cry once they had vanished down the hall.

Theodosia had no idea what was going on with her friend at that moment. She was wrapped up in her father's arms, sobbing about the issues she was facing. He was a good listener, didn't question much, just stayed by her side and let her talk.

"I don't know what I feel for him! We're friends, nothing more. At least that's what I thought, oh what's happening?" She clutched her father's jacket, just like she had when she was a child. He rubbed a hand up and down her back.

"Well, do you love him?"

Theodosia snorted. "I don't know how to respond to that. Philip obviously feels something for me, it'd be selfish if I-"

"Hush," her father murmured. She whispered his first name, only to make him more concerned. It wasn't often she called him by his actual name. When she did, that meant she was truly distressed.

Aaron placed a hand on her shoulder. "Use your common sense, darling. Do you feel you want something more than a friendship? Have you ever looked at him in a romantic way? The boy might not be so far off." He pushed a piece of her hair out of her face, in a fatherly way.

Theodosia closed her eyes. She thought back to all the times they had exchanged touches down the street, or exchanged glances at one another. Had they been suggestive exchanges of affection? Her brain throbbed at the possibilities.

"I'm conflicted, father. The more I think of him, the more he comes across in a romantic way. Is that insane to say?"

Aaron chuckled softly. "I don't believe so. By the way you talk of him, the things I have picked up on, I personally think you two have something blossoming." He noticed her shoulders heave up and down at the realization.

"I should go speak to him again. It would be foolish of me to hide behind letters. And it would be a chance for me to sort things out with his parents." Her father only nodded at that, allowing her to leave again.

Philip was still pressed against his door when he heard a tap on his window. The tap happened so quick, he almost didn't hear it. If it hadn't happened for a second time, he wouldn't have gotten any hope that day at all.

When he reached the window, he noticed Theodosia standing on his lawn, one hand holding a few pebbles. She recognized his face and dropped the rocks on the ground. Philip felt his eyes welling up as the two made eye contact.

Her eyes brightened up and she blushed. Even from a distance, the two of them were giddily admiring the other. Philip raised his eyebrows and then tiled his head to grab her attention.

Theodosia knew he was asking something with his body language. And she knew exactly what he was asking. Her head nodded up and down in response. In the window, she could see him jump up and blow her a kiss.

She certainly had thought it over. Even if love was the most confusing emotion to a young girl, she knew it was true. And that boy in the window was the one who she wouldn't ever stop loving.

. . . . . . . . . .
A/N: Thank you to all the people who requested this! You all seemed to enjoy it, so it only seemed right to make a second part. I loved writing more of the plot.