Truthless

Requested by: indYgophoenix11d

"You're accusing me of such charges that I would never commit on any case in regards to the treasury department. I-I honor the position in this mos-"

Hamilton gulped down whatever dignity he had left. Heart fluttering in his chest, he could sense the scattered confusion from his colleagues. All he would say didn't change what he had done. The documents clearly stated his scandal in clean ink, and there couldn't be any denying written evidence.

His career was sunk, and he surely knew it as the men jeered at him while they pondered.

"We don't see you as any less of a human, but in fact a much more close minded secretary and husband," Jefferson emphasized dramatically, and that gave Hamilton little choice but to snarl in return. He swallowed the temptation to insult him of his own doings with his significant other, but it came to a halt when he remembered how far under the water he already was.

Jefferson cleared his throat, glancing at his other gathered members. Their faces were filled with disgust at what was being presented before them, and he shared an equally distasteful smirk. Unlike them, he'd dealt with Hamilton many times before, and it gave him great pleasure to watch him squirm under the accusations.

"You say this man bargained with you to pay him," he began, to which the hopeless secretary scrambled to say he blackmailed him.

"You've already reviewed as to how your career felt endangered at the time of this exchange," Burr, from aside the room, interrupted smoothly, "but we haven't heard the slightest discussion as to why you continued this affair with his wife." His eyes drilled into Hamilton's head, and the man had no choice but to scrounge up words to defend himself.

"She persisted on seeing me, as the neglect from her husband was evident, and she wished so much of me, gentlemen. She would arrive, and she was more than willing to see to my needs," he gulped down the fear rising in his throat, and the men around him raised an eyebrow to encourage him to continue discussing the woman.

Hamilton prayed that this meeting would conclude soon enough. His pride was already crushed beneath the government, and he didn't want to lose what he had left by confessing to sexual pleasure with the twenty three year old woman.

She caused this, he thought furiously, twitching in his seat. Had she not showed up on his doorstep, and had he not been so captivated by her gaze, they wouldn't have to be in this situation. Alarmingly enough, the young woman reminded him of his own darling wife.

"Ah, so you did so much as to lead this woman to your bed and assert your excellence onto her, and then you committed an unspeakable crime upon the treasury department. Good heavens, I haven't heard a story this well developed in ages," Jefferson groaned, and it caused Hamilton to rise from his chair.

"You dare to degrade me to this, Thomas, while you have committed far worse on the beloved girl whom you use for-" There was a loud snap and crack or what sounded like a whip, and when Hamilton made eye contact with Jefferson, the man's face had drained of its color. It was clear he'd crossed a line.

The intensity in the room increased rapidly at the changed attitude of Mr. Jefferson. His lip trembled momentarily, but it was followed by a wail of, "You shall not disregard your own upbringings in which are prostitute actions, sir! We shall not speak of what happens underneath my roof, so silence yourself or-"

Hamilton growled at this comment, and it made the men shrink back in actual fear. Any of them knew better than to bring up his past, but the current situation gave Jefferson an almost too simple pass to do so. Burr pleasantly gave his colleagues a reassuring look, but he too avoided the brawl.

"You have attacked me, on account of my mother when this has no connection to the reason we have gathered, you scumbag," he snarled in Jefferson's face, only to be pushed back roughly by the man.

Clearly unaffected by the brutal words, Thomas ran his tongue along his teeth. "Ah, don't get ahead of yourself, Alexander. If I were you, I would be careful what is said on the case of blackmail and sexual relations with a married woman." He cackled, enjoying the moment.

That devil, Alexander silently thought, as he breathed heavily to himself. It was one thing to place him in a chair and interrogate him about intercourse, but to come for his mother in such a manner was unspeakable.

"You'll get what damn pleasure you want from this," he finally stammered in Jefferson's general direction. "By the time you're done with me, I will be no more. I have nothing left, except memories of bliss beforehand."

Some of the men around him snorted, and it made Alexander feel like the frightened boy on St. Croix with no one to run to. He deeply let out a breath of air, and then rolled his shoulders back.

Any bullets the men dared to fire at him would be met with a smirk and honest remark.

Jefferson looked over his victim, admiring his newly redound confidence. Part of him wanted to dance in a circle at just the sight of a grown man looking like an absolute immature child, but the other side wanted to tear him to shreds.

So he settled on both, and it lead to an evening of arguing and learning what the truth really was. History would shape what happened in that room one day, but the words and visions would forever rest with Jefferson.

. . . . . . . . . .
A/N: Thank you indYgophoenix11d for the lovely request! I was incredibly thrilled to write something like this, as the whole affair and scandal is one of my favorites. I loved writing this, so I hope you enjoyed it! Also, thank you so much for the warm welcome back and feedback! It means the world to me, you guys.