Confidence

Requested by: larryisrealhoes
OC: Sabrina Vazquez

At the sound of a ring of her doorbell, Maria hurried to get something presentable on. Who could possibly be at the door at such an early hour? Her eyes wandered over to the cradle in the corner of her room, where her darling child lay asleep. Heart swelling up in pride, she pecked a kiss on the baby's cheek, before rushing to answer the door.

After she unlocked the door, and swung it open, a familiar, but distant face appeared in front of her. Irresistible lips, clouded over eyes, and a tousled hair situation, the woman before her hadn't been who she was expecting. And she was so blown away by her presence that all of a sudden she stumbled backwards.

Taking that as an invitation to come inside, the woman without a name entered the home, fumbling with the lock. Once she successfully locked it again, a cheerful laugh left her lips eagerly. "Ah, still locks like it used to."

Maria crossed her arms. She had regained herself and wasn't pleased. On the outside at least, she was determined to pull off an unsatisfied expression. But on the inside, deep down in her heart, everything was pumping faster than a few minutes before.

"Sabrina, what a pleasure to see you again. I wonder what brings you around so early this time?" Cocking her head, Maria eyed the woman up and down. She couldn't help doing so while starting an interrogation.

"We haven't talked or encountered one another in a while. I felt awfully lonely without you."

Don't fall for her games. Maria could feel her heart melt at the sight of the attractive woman beside her. Her back straightened up when she reminded herself of who to be. She ended up being the weaker one in these conversations. It was time to change that around.

"If I recall correctly, it was my husband who told you to leave. Remember?" Both women nodded at each other knowingly. They shared the similar fierce smirk, but inside they had the exact same gut feeling about the night it all had gone wrong for them.

"And if I recall correctly, your husband said something along the lines of how he didn't want another whore under his roof. Why don't we make it simpler for him? Let's run away."

"What?" Dropping her composed posture, Maria fidgeted in her spot. Out of all the things she could do, running away wasn't an option at all. Her child was still a baby, unable to fend for herself, and helpless to be left alone with her pathetic father

On the other hand, running away seemed to be the only good idea that had come in her way in a long time. The two of them could start a new life. Without the madness of previous lives and history. There could finally be hope.

"I haven't been around for a while, but I assure you, my affections are just the way they used to be. Trust me." And then all of a sudden one of Sabrina's hands was pressed against her waist and cheekbone. Maria breathed out deeply. If she had been more cautious, she could have controlled this.

Chest heaving up and down, as the heat rose between them, both women stayed utterly silent. Sabrina pulled her up against her body, allowing the other woman to let a sound that neither of them knew was possible. Maria blushed scarlet, feeling three fingers on the laces of her nightgown.

"Wouldn't it be better to get away from him?"

One lace untied. Maria glared up into her eyes, breathing as calmly as she could. With a forced tone, she whispered, "James needs me here."