Chapter 139

_____________

Chapter 139

_____________

Days passed since the whole incident, Ikuraha was prisoned in CEDEF, being watched by Kotoya. The rest of the Guardians were under the care of Kisume in CEDEF, trained to be agents. Kyokai was finally out of the hospital and back to school, midterms were near as well.

As Kyokai walked between Kyoya and Ryohei to school while reading a book, she didn't notice the electrical line above her "Hayashi !" They looked up to see Furutani walking toward them "hey I want to discuss something with you, shall we walk to school together ?" He smiled "I guess.." Kyokai mumbled.

"See you" she told Kyoya and Ryohei and walked ahead with Furutani "..." Kyoya and Ryohei stared at them with a pissed face "did he just..." Ryohei glared "he did" Kyoya growled "let's go" they ran ahead really fast, dust trailing behind them "so I heard that you were the smartest one in school" Furutani said "I'm not sure if I'm the first" Kyokai said "I was thinking maybe you could help me with studying" he scratched his cheek "I don't know.." She held her chin.

"How about a yes ?" He smiled "no !" Kyoya and Ryohei suddenly linked arms with Kyokai and ran ahead "Oi !" Kyokai struggled as they dragged her away, Furutani blinked a couple of times "there's no way he's going to steal my girl" Kyoya and Ryohei thought as they ran faster "let go !!" Kyokai yelled.

After school, third year students were playing a game in Kyoya's class, even the students who weren't in his class to begin with "who's the king ?" They pulled the cards, Kyoya glanced at Furutani from the corner of his eyes "Yosh ! I'm the king !" One guy said "who's the queen !?" He said excited "oh ! It's me !" A girl said. They laughed and cheered as the two gave each other a small kiss.

Kyoya popped a vein at their loud noise. He got up and bumped the table with his leg, making the cards scatter everywhere "keep it down, or I'll bite you all to death" Kyoya glared "oh come on, Hibari. We're just playing" one guy said "all I want is peace and quiet, also bringing cards to school is prohibited" Kyoya said "alright, then let's make a bet" Furutani smirked "hn ?" Kyoya narrowed his eyes at him "if you get a king card, we'll stop playing cards" Furutani said "deal ?" He offered his hand for a shake.

Kyoya stared at his hand then slapped it away "fine" he said. They watched as the students shuffled the cards then placed some on the table according to their number. Kyokai then opened the door and peeked in "ah Kyoya" she walked toward them "are you ready to go ?" She asked him "not yet" he told her "what are you doing ?" She stared at the cards on the table "oh Kyokai ! Want to play ?" Furutani said "don't call her by her first name" Kyoya glared at him.

"I don't really play cards" Kyokai said "that's because she's a loser" one girl said and they snickered, Kyoya pulled out his tonfa but Kyokai grabbed his wrist "it's not worth your anger" she told him "how come your able to hold your temper ?" He glared "hm" she shrugged "okay ! You should pick a card first, Hibari !" Furutani smirked "unless you want to quit" he said.

"Kyoya, do you even know how to play ?" Kyokai said, Kyoya only ignored her and stared at the cards with his hands in his pockets. He picked an upside downed card and stared at it as the rest picked a card after him "so ?" They looked at Kyoya, who only stared at his card disappointed "I got king" he showed them his card "w-what !? How !?" They stared at him shocked "I win, let's go" Kyoya tossed the card to them.

"Wait ! You didn't finish the game !" A girl said "that's right, we don't know who's the queen" Furutani said "I don't have an interest with kissing any of you" Kyoya glared at them. Kyokai blinked as she saw an upside down card on the floor. She picked it up and stared at it "is this what your looking for ?" She showed them the queen card "..." They stared at her "what ? I just picked it up" she mumbled.