Chpt. 16 (Secrets Are Meant To Be Told)

Surprisingly, you had no bad dreams. You were relieved that you didn't. So much had happened for one day. You were planning on relaxing the whole day, but you knew that you could never relax. Something just kept you from being able to feel fully safe for a long time. Even in Sans's arms, you can't just feel fully safe. It must've been because of Chara or Flowey. Or it may be something else... your past. Maybe it was because if you slacked off only for a few minutes, you'd get beaten. It was all because your parents protected you. When you were a baby, your parents got run over trying to save you from a car. Your older brother and sister thought that it was your fault that their parents had died. They treated you as a slave your whole life until you ran away. They beat you, made you do their chores, and called worthless. Maybe that's you can't stay truly happy. You got up and walked downstairs. Sans was watching TV. He looked to you. "(Y/N), do you want to go to Grillby's for lunch?" You decided that going wouldn't hurt. "Um, sure. I guess so." Sans jumped up off the couch. "Perfect. Let's go." You two walked out of the door and headed to Grillby's. You soon made it to your destination. You walked in and sat where you normally sat every time you went here. Sans got a thoughtful expression on his face and said,"Y'know, I never really asked you about what happened before you came down here." You froze in your place. "Now that I think of it, I never asked you in any timeline. You know what happened to me before you came into the underground and changed my life forever. So give me the details." You didn't say anything. You didn't even look him in the eye. "C'mon talk to me, (Y/N)" You tried to change the subject by saying,"W-what do you want to eat?" "Remember in another timeline, you promised that there would be no secrets." You said,"I... don't want to say." He said,"You can tell me." You hung your head low and put your hands in your pockets while walking towards the exit. Sans grabbed your jacket sleeve, but you tugged it away and kept walking. "(Y/N), come back here." You could hear him running up behind you, so you started to jog. He caught up when you were out of Grillby's. He turned you around to face him. By then you were tearing up. "(Y/N). Tell me what happened. I won't get mad. Listen to me." "Nothing happened." "I know that's not true. If it was then why would you storm out of that building like that?" You broke away from him. "You want to know what really happened?! I was abused my whole life. I-I was beaten. I had to watch my baby brother, the only person who cared for me, die. He was killed by my oldest brother. I had cuts and bruises on me thanks to them. I-I fell down Mount Ebott to try to kill myself and I have to relive the worst day of my life every single time I RESET. Is that what you want to hear?! Is it?! Is it? I s i t?" Tears fell from your face. His agitated face turned into a worried one. You walked up to you and kissed you. "Don't worry. That won't happen here," he whispered. After a few minutes, you two figured that it would be better to just find something to head to the house.