Chpt. 24 (The Battered Button)

I... YOU ran. You ran. And ran. And ran until your feet were tired. You rested on a bench. You looked at your phone. You saw a photo of you and Sans. You looked so happy. You rubbed your thumb over his face in the picture. A tear dripped onto the screen. You felt beneath your eye. You didn't even realize that you were crying. You looked at your reflection in the phone. Despite everything, it's still you. Suddenly, it swapped to a whole new thing showing on the screen. *ring ring You declined. You heard the voicemail. "Um. Makes since that you didn't answer my call. I wouldn't either. I didn't fib-u-lie about loving you." You didn't even laugh at his pun. You just rolled your eyes. Yeah, right! After what he said, you didn't believe a single word that came from his mouth. "This... isn't the time for puns." Damn, straight! "I love you, (Y/N). I'm so sorry. I didn't mean a word that I said. You're not horrible. I don't even know what I was thinking. Babe, I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. Sorry." The voicemail ended. You texted him. "DON'T fucking call me 'babe'." You didn't want to have to talk to his sorry ass. You put your phone down. You sighed. The only two emotions that you felt were anger and sadness. You put your hands over your face. "I hate my life." Something glowed in front of you. You looked up. It was the RESET BUTTON. Shinier than ever before. You were unsure what to do. You looked at your hands. What were you about to do? You reached your hand out to the big, glowing button. You pressed it. You RESET.